Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Footloose

I have small feet.  Size 6 or 6.5 in women's.  These days that is a tiny foot.  I have a hard time finding shoes in my size.  When I was younger Payless Shoes had a whole row devoted to size 5-6.  Not so anymore.  These days they have about 4 square feet of space devoted to my size.  I can however, get a nice pair of Dora the Explorer sneakers if I want.  My size has now been relegated to children's wear.

What the world may not know is that Target is there to help a sister out.  I've been stalking their child shoe section.  This might seem slightly inappropriate, as I have no children and some mothers might worry about my intention just loitering around the area.  Get out of my way mothers and little girls.  I'm here for the shoes.

I got two pair of ballet flats last fall.  Never really thinking that I should check the entire section.  I just saw the flats, found my size and bought them for $10 a pop.  What an idiot.  I've missed almost an entire season of shoes!  

Witness: Exhibit A


I've been searching for literally years for the right wedges.  I bought a pair for $22 recently.  They are ridiculously cute: black with white polka dots and a peep toe and bow.  Heavy as an anvil.  I have to walk like I've got lead bricks tied to my feet.  Then I noticed these at Target.  In the kids section.  Now, I'm not going to sit and pontificate over what 8 year old should be wearing this type of a wedge.  I'm just going to elbow her out of the way and grab those shoes.  They were $19, light as air and fit like a miracle. Notice the adorable floral pattern on the bottom. A-double-dorable.  

Now, you just have to focus and ignore the fact that you can literally get a pair of sequined Hello Kitty ballet flats in your size as well.  Unless you are into that.  Then I say go-go gadget sparkle shoes!




While I was there I found these.  On sale for six dollars.  What?  What is happening to the world?  Why are children wearing styles that women wear?  Why are there gorgeous, comfortable sandals in a myriad (yellow, green, pink, blue) of colors being sold for $6? It feels too good to be true.

I'm also currently stalking a pair of hot pink Converse with hot blue laces.  These happen to be in the womens section.  They are $40 and you know how I feel about that.  Don't even try to lecture me for having too many pairs of converse.  I don't need that right now.  What I need is a hot pink pair.

I'm on the edge of my seat for the fall collection.  Dare I hope for riding boots?  Halloween Converse?  The mind boggles.

So, In Summary:
IfyouhavesmallfeetgettoTargetbeforeIbuyalltheshoesalltheshoes

1 comment: