Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Summer, Summer, Summer, Tiiiiime!

Gawd, I love summer.  I love the heat.  I love the sunshine.  I love the ice cream. I love the clothes. I love the yard sales!

Last weekend I hit up two neighborhood sales and a church sale.  The church sale was a surprise, as it wasn't advertised.  It was just on the way to the neighborhood sale.  And when you find a church sale, especially an unadvertised one, you STOP.

Because you might find the likes of this:


Disney, bendable Kermit the Frog for $1!  One that I miraculously didn't already have!

At the neighborhood sale I got this sweet ass tropical purse for .75 cents.  LESS than a dollar.  It also has a long strap that came with it, in case you want to go cross body.


I just love the fabric!

At another neighborhood sale I scored these adorable 80s heart earrings for a quarter.


I found some other bits and bobs that will end up in my Etsy store eventually.

This week I went to a church sale and an estate sale.  The church sale was no joke.  There was a long line to get in, and ridiculously cheap prices.  People were nearly frantic, stacking stuff up in teetering towers, hoarding.  

50 cents nabbed me these plastic art deco deers (one is missing an antler, but he will be displayed facing the good side.) and the red flocked deer below. I have two of the white deer already, but it's not enough to pull the sleigh that I have with them.  I just love the design of these guys and I'm glad to have found a few more.


When I was younger we had a flocked deer like this.  He started losing some flocking and I got the great idea to paint the areas that lost the flocking to match.  Things went...awry.  Wet things like paint do not mix well with vintage flocking, just fyi. My mother never lets me forget this incident.  So I sent her a photo of this guy today with a rude message.  :)  She loved it.


This tiny flower frog is my first! It was a whole quarter! 
(Not pictured: Some Chinese lantern plant branches that I bought for $1)

Two bunnies, 50 cents each.


 This was my big splurge. Five whole dollars. Hall's ceramic ball pitcher in cherry red. I have a newer Jadeite ball pitcher and I think they'll look smashing displayed together. Though it will take some doing to rearrange things in order to make that happen.  We are reaching capacity, people!


New, In The Shop:
Click on a photo to be redirected to that listing in my Etsy shop.

Gabriel CBS Toys Blue Monster Squeak Toy
I feel like this guy must be from a television show or something.  I just have no idea what it is. At any rate he's pretty Muppet-esque and looks like a relative of some dudes on Sesame Street.  Like the offspring of a Honker and Cookie Monster.

We had a huge collection of He Man/Master of the Universe action figures as kids.  We even had Castle Grayskull and Snake MountainThese toys are probably one of my favorite T.V. to toy series of my childhood. There is a vast amount of action figures from this series.  Some that include smell!.  Some that include the use of ooze!  Dear lawrd, the 80s were an ooze-obsessed time. 

Rattlor MOTU Action Figure
This guy is Rattlor. (Some of the names were not super imaginative.) He actually rattles and has a button on his back that, when you press it, his neck shoots out to a disturbing length. He's obviously a baddy.  


Whiplash MOTU Action Figure
This is Whiplash.  He's a lizard dude that can knock enemies over with his tail, via a spring loaded twisting action at his waist.  He's also a baddy.


Strawberry Shortcake Christmas Ornament
What a cutie! Why were scents not included with the Strawberry Shortcake ornaments?  That would have been pretty rad.  Such iconic smells! She's pretty cute without it, anyway.  Sitting on her little berry, pondering eating her candy cane. Ready to add some vintage 80s delight to your Christmas season!


Until next time, happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment