Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Catching Up

I've been to a lot of sales this past month and have yet to catalog any of them, here on my blog.  So let's just jump right in, shall we?

I went to a sale at the house of an honest to goodness hoarder.  It was claustrophobic.  I've never seen such small walking paths in a house. Check out my Instagram account for pictures of the inside of the house! @thesnugbungalow  Even though it was an exercise in self composure to walk around that place, there was some good digging to be had!  Especially in the basement, where the vintage Christmas was hiding.

I unearthed three strands of green mercury glass beads, two Christmas corsages, and a tiny ceramic poinsettia girl what is also a bell.




I bought this Donna Parker book for the amazing color and graphics.  Looking forward to putting it in our new bedroom, once it's done.  The thing on the right is something I've wanted for ever so long.  Even if I don't technically know what exactly it is.  I've seen them on Instagram and in magazines, in photos of holiday decor. Mercury glass bulb...trees?  At any rate, I'm super glad to have found one for my very own, after years of yearning.



I also found a few Easter cuties.


Then I went home and scrubbed myself and my items down. Because there is nothing like a hoarder sale for making you feel unclean.  And also, a little bit better about the magnitude of your own collections.

Next up is an exciting adventure! My friend Noah had never been to an estate sale before, but was interested in attending one.  Enter, me.  Noah showed up even earlier than I did, and when I arrived we got our numbers.



Not too shabby!

We stood in line, and it was sunny, thankfully.  Not truly warm, but at least we didn't have to wear winter coats. That's a thrill in May in NY state.  

I was hot on the trail of a table of Miss Piggy items that I'd spotted in the online sale preview pictures.  I took off like a shot, got to the table first (Of corse, since there is never, ever anyone else heading to the Muppet stuff at these sales.  Though the amount of stress dreams I have might lead you to believe otherwise.) and scooped up all the items that I didn't already have. (Minus a set of over priced watches.)


I got a Miss Piggy hand puppet, a cute little Hallmark cookbook with amazing photos throughout, and a heart shaped Miss Piggy puzzle.  All vintage!

I did get a few other tiny things.  A tiny Hallmark mouse Christmas ornament and a little rabbit Merry Miniature.  I do love itty bitties!


Noah got what he came for, too.  A juggling set.  Here he shows off his juggling prowess whilst simultaneously talking on the phone!



We went on a trip to Virginia and while in Richmond I stopped at a bunch of thrift stores.  I didn't come away with a lot, but what I found was quality!


A ceramic flamingo light switch cover for our new (tiki) bedroom!  The bedroom isn't ready for finishing touches yet, but I'm very excited for the moment it is!  He has a little chip out of his tail, but at 49 cents, I'm not trying to care.

A few weeks after that, I went to an estate sale, hot on the trail of some Muppet items.  Things I'd never seen in real life, and things I knew to be worth a pretty penny.  I was the 8th person through the door, and (as always) I had no competition for the Muppet stuff.  I was able to grab all of the vintage Muppet towels with no trouble!  They are in gorgeous condition and were a great price! I also scored a little ceramic Miss Piggy ornament that was probably part of a craft kit. So happy to add these to the collection!


After I had the towels safely in my basket, I felt free to wander the sale at a leisurely pace. All of the linens and scarves were in the room with the Muppet towels.  I browsed and found this vintage gem for @lockportjazzshoes Mermaid scarf!  The pink feather nest in the corner is actually a headpiece.  It works like a headband and makes it seem like you have outrageous pink feather hair! I can't wait to have an event to wear it to.



In the next room I found a few things to list in my Etsy shop.  Eventually.  (I have quite a backlog of items.)


There were lots of tables full of knick knacks in the living room and I found a few bluebirds for @hmcamma and an Easter chick for me!


The holiday stuff was relegated to the basement, as it so often is.  I dug around for a while and found quite a few treasures. Some ceramic Christmas vases for my mom, along with a tassel necklace.


Fall leaf hankies are among my favorite!  I also found a teacup full of teensy tiny mercury glass ornaments.  I need some to repair a vintage Christmas corsage I bought earlier this year.


Near the checkout there was a table full of jewelry. It was all carded, and bagged, and priced cheap!  I picked up quite a few pieces.  Man, is it fun to dig.


On the way home, just for kicks, I stopped at a yard sale. I found some sweet ass parrot earrings to add to my growing collection.  Some fishies and a pair of plastic clip ons with glitter, too!  At 50 cents a pair, you really can't go wrong.


OK, I'm all caught up.  And you know what that means!  Time to go to an estate sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment