Search This Blog

Sunday, October 8, 2017

That Isn't What She Said

Team Magic Summer was reunited briefly on Thursday night for a church sale that was open late.  This sale happens every six months, and is is usually worth the trip. This photo was taken from the second floor balcony at the sale.




Just because we get to go to a sale together during the school year, does not mean we get to do dueling blog posts. Our girl is a busy teacher.  Ain't nobody got time for that, as it were.  So you have to settle for just me.  I apologize in advance.

On our way in we generally take a quick peek at purses, since it's right next to the jewelry counter, which is where we head first. They always have a ton.  Not all of it is vintage, but it's a lot of fun to paw through it all.  I didn't find anything this time, but Ann did. She got some Sarah Coventry stuff, as I recall.

I did however find something interesting and cute (And as it would turn out, poorly constructed and heavy as crap.) on the purse table though.  Plastic wicker Lilly Pulitzer.



This thing is falling apart in ten different ways (Ways I can fix, thankfully.) and when it's completely empty it feels like you are lugging around a purse full of bricks.  But look how cute! I snagged it because I assumed it was vintage.  I bought it anyway because it was Lilly.

The boxed Hallmark ornaments obviously came from the Christmas section.  It was loaded with someone's hoard of vintage Hallmark ornaments this time.  Score!  Don't get too excited.  I already have both Muppets ornaments, in the box.  These will head to my Etsy shop for other lucky Christmas / Muppet lovers.

There is another sad little non-Christmas holiday area where stuff is mostly in boxes under the table.  I dug in good this year and was justly rewarded.


I managed to stifle a scream of delight, but didn't manage to avoid breaking out in the vintage joy sweats.  All of this was lumped into one bag, so I didn't even know what I had until I got home.  All of the yellow and orange pieces go together.  At first I thought the orange bowl was a Halloween number.  A cauldron, maybe?  Then research taught me that it is in fact a hat for the chick.  A HAT, people!  It's huge and ridiculous and adorable.  I can't wait to set them all up at Easter time.  The chick/duck guy is missing eyes and a beak, but that will be easy to whip up. The only thing the bunny is missing is a tuft of yarn hair, which I can also easily replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment