Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Smorgasbord

I'm starting to fall behind. Two weeks ago we went yard sale-ing. It was hot. BOY was it ever hot! Over 80 degrees, and for upstate NY, that is hot, my friends. HOT. So we wore dresses and skirts and got cool drinks at Dunkin Donuts. It felt like summer, though after that, our weather reminded us that it is not summer. It reminded us with snow on Mother's Day. Thanks, Rochester. We didn't forget.


Right off the bat Alicia took one for the team. $10 dresser to replace her old, falling apart dresser.

Here it is nestled among many other finds. $10 antique mirror (HB), $2 wooden green step stool (HB) 2 crocheted doilies - 25 cents or 50 cents each (HB).


Rainbow knit hat & scarf set 75 cents, each piece (Alicia), decorative 3 tier shelf $3 (HB), vintage white bead bracelet (Alicia), Ingrid Bergman - My Story $1 (Mine, for the husband), white plastic & red vintage Christmas tree 25 cents (HB) (I have one almost just like it or it would have come to blows), very small pie tins (HB), wine bottle opener (HB)

HB wants to feed you. From this huge pot. It was 50 cents. Maybe she'll have you over and wear her new $3 dress.


Alicia got a Bartender's Guid for a really gross kind of liquor. I got a FREE spatula which the husband was impressed with. HB got some other book and Alicia got many more small animals for 25 cents each. (not pictured - my 25 cent felt mouse in a dress) She also got the ipod cover for 50 cents and HB got some beakers for...science. (I'm excited to decorate her house with them for Halloween) Also not pictured: HB's $2 jigsaw, still in the box, which the husband stole for a project before she even got it home.

When we come home with treasures Miss Magic and Mr. Murphy love to re-look. They always approve.

The husband went with me to a church sale this past weekend. We scored some great glass items, all 75 cents each. I kept the hand vase and the thumb print goblet.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell Heather she can cook for me in that pot! And I also need to know where Alicia got the black sundress. Want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing all your treasures and great finds/buys makes me want to yardsale much more often, but some serious purging must occur first. I think I shall use your scale for editing my collection when deciding what to keep...and what shall go.

    ReplyDelete