Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Sam The Eagle Day

Pretty much anything having to do with politics upsets me these days. Probably at least partially on account of the fact that I just finished all three Hunger Games books. So, I therefore refuse to wish you a happy Presidents Day. I mean, because really, what is it? Happy Rich Liars with Connections Day? Bah. I don't want to get into it. Instead I'll just wish you a Happy Sam the Eagle Day and show you some of the items I got at the sale for said dirty old so-and-sos.

A half off sale for card carrying members of Savers.


Vintage Portside sandals, $2.50. These are pretty much brand new and I had a pair exactly like them in the 80's. God, they are comfortable. I had a dream that very night that it was warm enough to wear them and they were wonderful. I think you call that delirium. The two shirts are long sleeved. The pink one is Calvin Klein $4, the blue is Old Navy, $1.50.


Mudd Tie-dye long sleeve t-shirt, $2.00. I'm going to make a confession. I like tie-dye. I'm on the lookout for a cute short sleeved tie-dye number for the summer. The husband is not impressed.


Majestic baseball shirt, $3.00. For whatever reason, I've decided that I like the way I look in these shirts. I haven't had one in a while and we all know I'm in love with black, so I was pretty happy about this score.


Gap shirt, $3.00. I can't get enough of this color combination. I love that buttery yellow against gray. Even though as a rule I hate yellow and almost never wear it. I've been making my peace with it the last few years, though.


Brand new Route 66 Boots, $3.50. I love me some boots. Especially ones without heels.

You'll be happy to know that these additions to my wardrobe will find happy homes in cleaned out closets and drawers. The husband and I made a whole day of it. We purged about 2 large black garbage bags full of stuff. I don't hope to repeat the process soon.

I can't stop thinking about the spring. I really need a yard sale hit. Out in the open air, old ladies telling me something is "old ya know", the smell of hot dogs in the air and things priced for coins. I'm having withdraw like some kind of drug addict. Blast this mild winter! It's giving me spring yearning pangs already!

So, in summary:

The Muppets Rule

Presidents Drool

Dream Sandals

Many Shirts

I Love Boots

The First Time Is Free


No comments:

Post a Comment