Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Cold, Dark Heart Of Spring

It's April.  And we are getting showers.  Oh, yes.  Snow showers.  What do those bring, I ask you?  I'll tell you what they bring.  Depression, anger, angst, listlessness, cabin fever and ennui.  May flowers my ass.

Even though we're still wearing parkas and snow boots, the yard sale-ing season is upon us.  Last week there was a school sale.  We went last year and this year didn't disappoint. I got a bunch of stuff for my Etsy page and these two treasures for myself.


A vintage Florida orange coin purse.  I love a coin purse.  Especially a plastic one.  50 cents.  The platter is Buffalo China.  I have two smaller sandwich plates that match.  This was marked $1 but when I brought it up to purchase it the lady told me it had been on the HALF OFF table.  I spent a whopping dollar on the items in the picture, people.

Would that I could trade that $1 for so much sunshine.  The weather people say it will be in the 50's starting tomorrow.  Bah.  Weather people.  Trusting them is right next to trusting politicians.

I feel cranky.  Quick, someone say something hopeful and sunny.

So, In Summary:
Coin purses; another accidental collection
Get me to the tropics on time

1 comment: