Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Falling 2013

I sit here writing this little post about fall and all it's glories in 90 degree weather.  90-duh-grees.  I don't know if I've ever told you what that does to me.  A really hot jag at the beginning of what I consider the holiday season.  Well folks, it's not pretty.  Generally it ends in tears.  Me, the Ice Queen, in tears.  It's an ugly reality.  And if it happens on my birthday, which is next week, just stand back.  There was one fateful year when my then boyfriend (now husband) made an ungodly amount of spaghetti dinner for all our friends on my birthday.  We had to go outside to eat it because it was too hot indoors.  It was the same wretched temperature outside.  At night, in the complete dark.  In the middle of September.  I ugly cried.  Generally I don't cry on account of the fact that I'm very logic oriented.  But, you can't reason away 90 degrees.  Especially if you don't have air conditioning.  Trust me, I've tried.

Quick, let's talk about something else.  How about fall decorations?  We'll pretend that it's 65 degrees and we are enjoying apple cider and fry cakes.  Mmm, delicious, right?

Let's look at my windowsill first.  Because all that stuff is new. And super cute.  Never mind that ghost girl in her pajamas.  Lilah got me the owl on the left and the sign.  The cute purple felt owl was crafted for me by my cousin Roxie who is super talented.


You've all seen this cupboard display a thousand times.  But here it is again.  In it's 2013 incarnation.  Bask in the autumnal joy.


Here's some up close bits.  So you can see all the black and orange detail.  The bat hanging on the left is new.  She's wearing a beaded necklace because she fancies herself a fashion icon.



Feeling brave?


I know, I have a lot of things coated in glitter.  I have three owls coated in glitter alone.   A crow, multiple pumpkins, not to mention a floral pic with giant glitter covered candy corn.  It's called pizzazz.


A box of shadows.


Piggy and Kermit approved.


Not a plague doctor mask.  Thank goodness.  Because that shit is terrifying.  Just a pretty but run-of-the-mill Italian long nose mask.




Birds of a glitter flock together.


She turned me into a newt!


And then...this happened.  I had a little spill-over.  So, the bedroom got a bit.  What can you do?


So, In Summary:
This Weather Bites

2 comments:

  1. Italian long nose mask kind of looks like plague doctor mask... Just saying. And I'll trade you a 90° birthday for my -20° birthday ANY day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh pretty. Love the jade pieces next to the orange and black. And I can't wait for 65 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete