Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Estate Side

Another week and another set of estate sales.  One of the things about estate sales is that they very often occur during the week.  Since we all have full time jobs we can't make it during the week days.  But, there are lots of estate sales that occur on the weekends too.  Generally Saturday is the last day of the sale.  Yes, that means that the merchandise is generally picked over, but it also means that it's half price day.  We can dig a half price sale, real well.

At the first sale I found an amazing deal.  A jadite glass dish for $4! Look how cute!  A little flower basket.  I've never seen this one before, so it was pretty exciting.  I also got a few vintage necklaces and a crazy chipped Christmas ornament.  Another pair of gold earrings to help me work on my budding relationship.



The second sale we went to started on Saturday!  That's right!  A very rare occurrence and super exciting.  I'm convinced it's the only reason that I found the bag of vintage paper lanterns.  If it had started a day earlier, they would have been gone for sure!  I mean, who wouldn't want a big bag of old, musty paper lanterns?


Some of them have koi designs.  I'm so excited to put them up all over the house!  Lanterns in every room!  It's going to look like a scene from the Mad Tea Party up in here when I'm done.  Jealous?


Alicia found a few treasures as well.  Some vintage jewelry...


And this mid century modern record stand FOR FIVE DOLLARS.  You heard me.


I have a hatch back, but we also had quite a few treasures in the back by then.  So, Alicia (and her roommate Steph) are pictured here "taking one for the team".  They had to share a seat with the cabinet the whole ride home.  For $5, sometimes you just make it work.


Speaking of Steph, she's new to this whole "saleing" thing.  But I'm here to tell you that she took to it like a fat kid to a bake sale.  Her level of excitement was up to 11.  I even heard her trying to talk the other members of our party into buying more things.  That's right.  Feel the power of the dark side, young Skywalker.


Here are her treasures.  Her first haul.  The tin looks like a book, and she is storing jewelry in it already.  The pin is for her "good pea coat" and she doesn't even care that the glass dish is an ashtray because, to quote her,  "it's Asian and I want it".

So, in summary:
Fresh Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment