Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fall 2015


Surprisingly, even with my injury, through the help of friends and lots of eye-rolling, glitter fearing help from the husband, I was able to decorate The Snug Bungalow for fall!

This gives me a lot of joy, every day, because, let's face it, I'm not going anywhere.  So, even though I'm stuck at the house, at least it's gorgeous and festive!

Shall we take a look?

First, the dining room.  My ever faithful, antique cabinet.  Fit for displaying all manner of collections.  It has a few new additions since last year.  One of my delights is to count the number of new things I found over the past year that haven't ever been displayed yet.  Though, I don't keep a tally of items culled from the collection in order to make room for these new treasures...


Now for the inside of the cabinet's three doors.


A favorite new item is the vintage honeycomb pumpkin I found at an estate sale this year.  I cannot get enough vintage honeycomb decor!


The vintage Lefton pumpkin & cat candleholder that I just got at the RMD sale looks great in the cabinet!

The husband had to help me with this display since you have to climb up on a chair to reach the shelf.   He endured many glitterings at its hands.  Being glittered is not his favorite thing. Though, in this house, it's a risk you run most days.


Still loving my drinking straw wreath!


A great spot for my "new" vintage black cat to survey the room from.  Velvet with jewel eyes and a rhinestone collar.  


Bats, cats, and skelies!


My tiny Peanuts Halloween town on the bathroom shelf.  The Peanuts characters were gotten at last year's October RMD sale.  I just cannot tell you how much I love these tiny Hallmark figures! Merry Miniatures for the win!  Plus, if you are a dude, they are eye level with you when you go pee. A nice little tableau for you to ponder whilst you do your business.  Ya welcome.


My shadowbox has many new residents this season!


The green monster wreath I made from an idea I found on Pinterest.  He lives on our bedroom door.


This is a blurry picture of my burgeoning graveyard. 
"There's always room for one more!  Hurry baaaacck!"


I do up the mantel very similarly every fall.  When you get a classic look that lasts, use it!


So, In Summary:
Thanks to everyone who helped get my house ready 
for the beginning of the Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment