Search This Blog

Monday, May 8, 2017

Wet, Cold, and Ready

May seems to be having a bit of a crisis of personality. We've had highs in the low 50's and upper 40's along with so much rain I'm surprised the animals aren't lining up two by two.  It's gross, cold, terrible, and I'm totally over it. Summer needs to hurry it's ass up.

Even though it's been dark and cold enough to make me prefer sleeping to any other activity, I've forced myself to go to an estate sale or two.

I was lucky enough to have a sale companion ( @magicsummervintage ). We were #'s 18 and 19 at a second day (half price) sale.  Very exciting.  We had to wait until the second wave to get in.  It was a very small house, and very cram jammed with stuff.  Even on the second day!

Turns out it was worth the wait.  Because:


.MUPPETS.

And not just any Muppets.  Vintage Muppets.  A game I wasn't even aware existed, in phenomenal condition!  All thanks to @magicsummervintage who casually said, "I grabbed this in case you didn't have it already." 😱

These tiny delights were found on the floor of the basement.  Underfoot.  I looked to see what I was stepping on and was rewarded with a tiny Scottie dog and a aqua flamingo! Thank you basement floor! Plus, the Fisher Price Muppet puppet stick, which has become part of my personal collection.


I also found some fun jewelry and a black (Except it's not actually black, it's really really dark purple.) vase for Halloween decorating.  Man, those neon pieces get me right in the heart.



After the estate sale we wandered to a church sale.  It was pretty sparse.  But, I did manage to get something.  I hope you are sitting down for this.


Holt Howard Starry Eye Santa Pitcher.  75 cents. LESS THAN ONE DOLLAR!  Shut uppppppp!  If you only find one thing at a sale, you want it to be something like this.  So stinking adorable. He'll look just right with all my other Christmas ceramics.

Tomorrow is the Spring Ronald McDonald Sale.  Of course I'm very excited and have sharpened my elbows accordingly.  The only crap part is that the high is supposed to be in the 40s.  And we have to wait outside in line for an hour.  So, we got that goin' for us.  I'll report back after the deed has been done!

No comments:

Post a Comment