Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2017

Toofer

Er, I mean, two-for.  A two sale kind of a day.  I was able to go to the first 45 minutes of a neighborhood sale near my house that usually gives up lots of vintage goods, and also a church sale.  A two sale day is a good day.

I started off at the neighborhood sale.  Rolled up about 15 minutes early, as I'm wont to do.  So I cruised around and cased the joint.  Felt it out for those sweet vintage vibes.  When it was time, I started in the right spot. Vintage gold on the first try!  A vintage Japan sleigh with candy cane runners for a quarter!


(New in package honeycombs were found later at the church sale.)

I also was able to nab a large bag full of play ice cream!  I love ice cream, and it's so fun to decorate with for summer!  I'm especially excited about the McDonald's and Dairy Queen pieces.


(The hot pink Easter basket was found later at the church sale.)

I also found a sweet vintage beach themed hankie which was labeled "vintage" on a piece of masking tape and unceremoniously stuck to the front of said vintage hankie.  If I thought something was valuable I sure wouldn't go around sticking masking tape to it.


(Other bits and bobs found at the church sale - close up later.)

I wanted to be at the church sale when it opened so I didn't stay too long. There aren't too many neighborhood sales that I still enjoy going to, but this one is definitely on the list.

When I arrived at the church sale, they made me give up my red basket.  They were not allowing people to shop with bags or baskets.  They had a ton of volunteers taking your finds to a holding area for you, which was actually pretty nice.  Didn't have to lug anything around, and everything was kept safe behind the scenes.  You got a number when you entered and used that when you were ready to checkout.

I obviously hit up holiday first and scored this adorable felt wall hanging. The bottom dude needs a new mouth, but I should be able to fashion one in a jiffy.


I also got a huge bag of ornaments for a few dollars that had a bunch of stuff for my Etsy shop.

I then went over to jewelry where I scored a few cute things:


Some wiggly bangles and Orange Bird earrings!  So excited, I love that dude!  And he's pretty hard to come by. The little chick in the back is a Hallmark figure. I have the pin of the same character. I didn't even know there was a figure!  Very exciting.

I saw this cute little girl and stopped to tell her that I loved her sunglasses.




Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment