Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Deadly Store

You know you have one. We all do. That store that you try like the devil to avoid. The store that eats your money, turns you into a drunken sailor and skews your reality into an alternate one where you are rich, filthy stinking rich! OK, so maybe we all have a few such stores. But, for me, there is one that really takes the cake...and my credit card...and my checking account...and my linty couch change. One World Goods.

Another way this store of stores wrangles me in is that they are a not for profit. They have goods made by artisans in poor and developing countries and then they give the money right back to them! So, I have to buy things there, right? I mean, it's my civic duty or something. My duty as a human being and fellow citizen of the world. It's practically the law! *whew* Now I feel better. You understand, right?

I was forced to go into said shop just the other day. Since it's the law that I do so, plus I had a few birthdays to shop for. Man, if you can't find something wonderful in this shop for each an every woman or girl in your life then...you know some weird ass people.

I love my thought process as I walk through the door. It's so easy to lie to yourself. "OK Sarah, just in and out. Get the presents and go, go, go! You can do this!" Then I stop at the first kiosk knowing full well that there isn't anything on there that I am looking to buy for the birthdays. Then the second one. Then the third. By the time I make it to the frames and jewelry I'm a goner. It's all, "OK, one thing for the birthdays, one thing for me, one thing for the birthdays, one for me!"

So, without further ado, I present my purchases. I actually tried to style the photos this time. My hand isn't so steady when I use no flash and I'm horrible at lighting, so just pretend that they look awesome and make you want to run right out to One World Goods, ok?

These are earrings for my friend Meghan. It's her birthday. I'm giving them to her tomorrow!


Since I found the perfect gift for Meghan, I rewarded myself with this card. I cannot get enough lanterns. I'll frame it sometime this week and hang it in my bedroom.


Then I found two pairs of earrings for Nick's sister. Sending those out tomorrow too.




These earrings are so affordable and so unique. Man, their jewelry really does me in. But, I fought valiantly and though I also found a picture frame for my friend Daria (how did I forget to take a picture of that?), I only bought one more thing for myself. Behold.


It's a crocheted flower pin with beads lining the edges. They had so many different beautiful colors! I only got ONE! See how strong I am? It feels so good when you hold it. It has a nice weight.

I also went to a sale at a church and got a few things. Nothing that great, but my purchases totaled $2.00, so who's complaining?

I got this vase to sell, but it looks great with my other stuff so, I guess we'll see.



Just the Velvet tin, I already had the coke diner tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment