Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

OOC

I guess a lot of things feel out of control in my life right now. For someone who is a control freak like me, it can mean a very bad emotional road.

One of the things that I like to do when I'm feeling all angsty is craft.


Start with a little of this.


Move on to some of this. The thing on the left is the craft project. It's a papier mache character on a base that I bought at the craft store. (a small papier mache box) Inside the body of the character is a wooden dowel and wire for the legs. Nail for the neck.

I don't usually use Fimo. Now I know why. I hate that junk. It never really softened up to the point where I like clay to be. I had to wrestle with it. It's crap. I'm not using it again. Nothing you can say will change my mind.

The whole process took me about a week of working on it after work for a few hours a night. This is the final product.







He's right dapper. Maybe all the paint, papier mache and glue will hold me together for another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment