Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2nd Annual Rochester Tweed Ride

Hello folks! Some of you may know that the husband is heavily entrenched in bikery. He cycles to and from work every day, rain, snow or shine. He grumbles loudly about having to use the car, for any reason. He has three bikes and uses them for different things. He fixed my (awesome) 1980's mint green Schwinn Traveler up and added pink grip tape and pink break lines. It's probably the best looking bike, ever.

We sort of helped plan the Rochester Tweed Ride last year. The first one. We were only involved a little bit and I didn't even ride. Though, I did dress in garb. There were roughly 40 people who participated to various degrees last year.

This year we helped out a lot more, we able to get a lot more local sponsors and things turned out pretty well. Please don't read that as me taking credit for that. There were a lot of very dedicated and creative people helping!! 60 people joined us with about 45 riding. We were so pleased with the turn out!

Here is a picture of the Belles!


Nope, he doesn't wear glasses. No lenses. Fake. Everyone loved them.


Check out that Fantastic Mr. Scarf! My friend Ann made him for me. Let me tell you, that is one warm fox scarf! I was so glad to have him. His name is Edison. Say howdee do.

I'd like to say more about the whole thing, but I've already written it up over at the blog: Rochester Tweed Ride. Mosey on over and take a peep and get inspired to ride with us next year! Might I also suggest you head over to Philipson Photography and like it to gain access to a myriad of amazing pics?

OK, but just no looking at my ass too much. Because I see now that the knickers weren't a fantastic idea. Hindsight (no pun intended) is 20/20. Skirt for me next year, it is! But do catch a peek at my bike, because it's gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment