Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday Special: Lilah's House

Some know her as Lilah, some as Nee-Nee and others of you have no idea what on earth I'm talking about. My mom. She's the best. She also has great taste and a gorgeous home. I love walking through her rooms and noticing all the little things that make it special. When I was there over Christmas break, I took some pictures to share with you.

Now, the history of my mom's house is steeped in mystery and intrigue. It reads like something out of a soap opera. She's only been there for about a year, but prior to her moving in nobody had inhabited the house in 15 years. (cue spooky music)

But that is a tale for another time. Right now the scene is a Christmas breakfast.


Good lord, could it be more adorable? Everything was delicious. My mom and her dude are both great cooks.


Lilah bought this tree at a sale a few years back. I spray painted it for her. look how adorable it looks housing these precious vintage baubles! Quite a few Santas and blown glass clip-on birds.


Ooh!


This is a print of a piece done by a famous local artist: Ramon Santiago. His work can be found all over Rochester in restaurants, museums and public places.


My mom loves to fill containers with small bits. Usually it's shells. But at Christmas time it's vintage lights, ornaments and mercury glass. (See the pixie pencil? I have one, too. We bought them at the same time.)



These guys are a set that we had growing up. One of the only decorations (besides ornaments) that she has kept. I treasure them. The hats are made from real socks!



Vintage red metal wreath-thing.


My mom and I got all hopped up on making these wreaths one year. Country Living Magazine will do that to you from time to time. This one was too good to give away or sell. A glorious tribute to kitchy Christmas!


An amazing vintage card that has been framed. I'm jealous of this girl's outfit.


I love this little dish. Probably one of these days I'll theif it.


My mom likes little things, just like I do! I made the star shaped fabric Santa ornament on the right. In 7th grade Home Economics class. With the special ed kids. But, again, that is a tale for another time.



Lilah keeps a white tree and decks it out in vintage ornaments. It looks like a candy dream!


She also displays her Christmas pins. Imma steal me that one in the middle.

I hope you've enjoyed your tour of Lilah's House!

In other news, I made this:

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the singers. I kind of want to steal them, put them in my classroom. And I am also very, very jealous of the outfit of the girl in the vintage card. Want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making connection here with vintage stuffs. Lilah, Sarie, Hedder. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete