Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Midwinter Blink

I'd just like to get this out of the way up front. I miss my Christmas tree. There, I've said it. I don't want to "turn back time", as Cher suggested, but I would like to still have it up. A tower or glitter and twinkle lights in the middle of your living room? Yes, please! I guess I 'll just have to get creative and make a remedy for the situation.

It's January and snow has only fallen a few meager times. It didn't even mean it, really. Just a few measly inches, nothing substantial with staying power. Poor kids wanting to make snowmen and forts. Poor skiers, wanting to plunge blindly down a powdery mountain on what amounts to two slats of hardwood floor. I really hope it doesn't all translate to rain or snow until May. Because I'm jonesing for yard sales already. Normally we have to wait until April for that and there's no way I'll make it a month beyond that.

To help satiate my hunger (Can you tell I've been reading vampire books? No, not those books. Other vampire books. They do exist, you know. ) I went to a half off sale at Savers. They scanned my card so I didn't have to have a meltdown. Let me show you what I got!


Banana Republic argyle sweater. $5.


White, very soft Gap sweater. $4.


Gray, loose and light J Crew sweater. This is going to probably end up being my favorite weekend sweater, ever. Too comfortable for it's own good and light enough to wear on chilly yardsale mornings. $3.


SO striped sweater. $3. It smells a little like old lady perfume so I'm left wondering what 80 year old was bopping around town in this. Probably will be me in a few years...

That's all I got at the sale. I was pretty resolute about getting sweaters. Next on my list of things to show you is a picture that I framed. The husband got it for me from Etsy for my birthday. Just recently I found time to spray paint the frame and find a spot for it. Oh god, it's good, people. Hold on to your hats!


Fancy Beehive lady is now in my bedroom, above my bedside table. I mean, look how at home she seems!


See other fun work by this artist here.

Speaking of Etsy...I bought something the other day.


That would be a super rare Zoot egg cup. He's from the Muppets (Honestly, people. I shouldn't have to tell you that.) Sax is his ax. He's in the famous band "The Electric Mayhem". It's one of my all time favorite bands. Usually he's wearing a large hat, but it's an egg cup, see? And he's bald. See? Funny, eh? They also made a Sam the Eagle and a set of Statler and Waldorf egg cups. I got this for a song and I can't stop looking at it and grinning like a cat. I set him on my mantle just to take pictures and now I can't seem to put him away, in the Muppet Room.

3 comments:

  1. If you ever get sick of the argyle BR sweater, you just give me a little ring-a-ding-ding, ok? I would like to know if we can actually put an egg IN the egg cup or if it's too sacred. Because I desperately want to eat an egg out of an egg cup, and a Zoot one sounds like the most fun ever.

    By "other vampire books" you mean A Discovery of Witches, right?

    And finally, I really don't see why we can't invent a summer tree. That sounds like the kind of tree I could get behind. Well... not literally. But I'd like it better than one that indicates the beginning of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely random, but I would pay you good money for that green argyle sweater!! Seriously. Not even joking. Email me if you still have it and would want to sell it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I do still have it and wear it often. If I'm ever looking to get rid of it, you get first dibs. :)

      Delete