Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Prelude To A Bliss

I went sale-ing last weekend.  By myself.  That almost never happens.  I do enjoy it, though.  Sort of a zen moment.  In the zone.

There weren't any street sales or neighborhood sales near me, so I just hit up a few singles.  I almost never do that.  I need to do it more, obviously, because I got quite a nice haul.

Tons of stuff to put in my Etsy store and a few things to fill out a friend's collections.

And also these tid-bits for myself:




50 cents for the mini spatula.  The husband likes new/weird utensils for the kitchen.  It's his kingdom.  Small dark green change purse with jadeite colored plastic beads.  Gorgeous, no?  Aaaand gingham binding tape.  What am I going to use it for?  Dont' ask such ridiculous questions.  I'm going to horde it.


Vintage plastic Halloween kitters!  Smiling cutie used to be a candy holder, methinks.  The orange guy just stands there looking awesome.  I can't wait to add these to my creepy clutter come fall!  The sale I bought these at had no price tags.  God, I hate that.  I wanted these and a few other things and said, "I don't see any price tags."  The man running the sale said, "That's because there are none!  You tell me what you want to pay!" All jovial.  I really can't stand that kind of crap.  He then tried to "That's old you know" me throwing in a bit of "that was my mother's" for good measure.  RRrrr.  So I said, "OK, three dollars."  He took it and I got the hell out of there.  Don't be loud and jovial about your laziness.  It's annoying.


Glorious, aren't they?  I can't get enough vintage paper lanterns.  These are larger than the string of them I have in the bedroom.  They are about 5 or 6" long.  I also got an orange one with this set.  I'm saving that for fall!  The red and green one will go in the dining room and the blue one is scheduled to be installed upstairs.  I got all four of them for 25 cents total.  !!!

The Snug Bungalow has been a very busy, happy and tired place of late.  I had a craft night,  and the husband replaced two broken panes of glass in our garage door, which were like that when we bought the house...oh...eight or so years ago.  So, that feels pretty good.  Big news on the Santa Fe front and we also payed a call to this amazing facility!

Stay tuned for another thrilling adventure!

So, In Summary:
Singles Mingle
A Smiling Used Car Salesman Is Still A Used Car Salesman
Mad Tea Party
Turns Out Santa Fe Didn't Forget Me
Just You Wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Methinks I feel a Sprocket blog coming on!!!

    Pretty sure the orange pumpkin guy is doing a show choir move.

    ReplyDelete