Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Yearning

I went to the Saint Pius X sale this past week. ( I always feel like there is an X-Men joke to be had there.)  I never miss this sale.  It's very large and also insanely cheap.  All of the tags were color coded this year, which I love.  It makes it so easy.  And their top price?  $1.  One whole buck.  There were a few things individually priced that were more than that, but not many things.

I got a goodly amount of things for my Etsy store and the following.


Vintage Halloween candles.  I have some Christmas ones like these and so did my grandma when I was growing up.  They sort of look like cookies or chocolates and when I'd taste test them with my tongue, I'd be disappointed that they were just plain wax every single year.

The little bird is a vintage Hallmark Christmas ornament.  It's flocked.  Oh, vintage Hallmark, please come back to us.  Your ability to cute knew no bounds.





I also got these pretty acorn ornaments for fall.  They are jingle bells.  The garland of mercury glass beads was in a bag with an assortment of stupid new plastic beads.  Mardi Gras style.   Everything that I bought came to like $4.60.  It was insane and therapeutic.

I tell ya what though, roasting here in 80-90 degree heat and a bazillion percent humidity, these pretty baubles have me yearning for fall. Hardcore.  I'm fantasizing about wearing jeans and boots, or boots and tights.  I'm  thinking fondly of a chill in the air, I'm yearning after the crispness.

Dear fall, it's totally fashionable to show up early.  Ya pick up what I'm puttin' down?

So, In Summary:
Some may like it hot, but I'm about done with it

No comments:

Post a Comment