Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Falling 2013

It's fall.  It's actually fall.  Leaves changing, crisp weather, my birthday.  I wish this weather lasted for half the year.  I love me some fall.  Not as much as this guy, maybe, but still a fair amount. (Warning, this link goes to a post that is mostly swears.  If you don't like swears, don't click.  If you are more of a pirate/truck driver lady like myself who enjoys a good swear or two, do your thang.)

The Snug Bungalow has been appropriately festivly decked.  Let me show you around.  First we have the mantel.  Mostly crows and owls with a smattering of bats.  Lots of black glitter.


This here is a real skull.  I think it is a beaver or woodchuck.  I found it at Letchworth State Park.  The best part about it is that it's been gnawed pretty good.  Teeth marks and gouges abound.  Some beastie or another had a right nice meal out of this here skull.  It's been sitting on the mantel since the spring just waiting for it's time to shine.


I love this little guy.  And I love that it doesn't say spooky.  Just one little spook, ready to haunt.


This is my Halloween Baby.  Have you met?  She hangs above my front window.  This is another time that waiting paid off.  I fell in love with her on fall at the Craft Antique Co-op.  I didn't have the money for her at the time.  I went back a month or two later and bam!  Half price.  Don't you enjoy a story with a happy ending?


The Fisher Price house is even getting into the swing of things.


Chubby Bunny (on right) and his marshmallowy friend.


A tiny haunted hamlet.


Shadowbox!  How many tiny trinkets can I jam into one small area?  Many.  The vampire on the bottom row is a finger puppet!  I got him from my mom when I was going through my vampire phase.  Which, incidentally, came about ten years prior to The Twilight Saga just in case you were thinking nasty thoughts in my direction.


Oooh, girl.  Esmerelda can't decide if she wants to sing something by Brittany Spears or something by Cher tonight at the drag show.




Beakers for evil science.  I hope she doesn't blind you with it.


Black cats crossing your path all over the place.


Door one.


Door deux.


And three.


I'd forgotten all about this mask!  It was like a present to me, from me, sent through time in a silver Delorian.  See those huge candy corn up there?  Those were a birthday gift from my mom.  They are coated in glitter.  The woman knows her audience.


And the Martha stand.


Happy fall to yose and your'n.

1 comment:

  1. That skull makes me want to throw up in my mouth. I'm not sure I can come to your house while it's there. Why are you OK with that and not fish nibbling on your dead foot skin???

    For the record, I was aware that your vampire phase pre-dated Twilight. ;) Right... Twilight?

    ReplyDelete