Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Going Green

The annual Monroe Ave Church sale.  Woot!

I told you I buy green things.  Pretty much all of them.  


I found the most amazing mirror.  It's sea foam green, plastic and has gold glitter in the plastic.  Let me repeat that: glitter in the plastic.  It's so goddam beautiful I can hardly look at it.  It also has rubber nubs on the bottom in case you want to use it as a perfume or jewelry tray (cover it up??  I think not) and has a hook on the back in case you choose to hang it.  It's sitting on my dining room table right now because I'm a little nervous about finding just the right spot for it.  Just the right place.  Somewhere sacred enough.  Somewhere that will highlight it's many amazing attributes to all who wander near.  Honestly I was thinking about putting it in the john.  At least everyone will see it there.

This mirror was $4 and while I was checking out some lady in line accosted me repeatedly.  She kept reaching in and touching it and was all, "Oh my gawd, what a steal!  What I find!  How did I not see that!?  I love turquoise!  Oh my gawd, I wish I'd seen that!"   OK, A: It's not turquoise.  B: You touch my new green mirror again Imma slap ya.

The pile of restaurant ware jadeite saucers went for $1 each.  Of all my jadeite pieces the restaurant ware takes the cake.  It's just so...hardy.  There were about 100 of them on the table.  I'm not kidding.  Only the saucers.  Where did the cups go!?  How did you end up with 100 jadeite saucers!? 

To top it all off I got a whole bag of the plastic glittered Christmas trees (at a different sale) for a quarter!  So, it's been a really great week, glitter-wise.

I also found Pictionary for $2.  I looked for this sucker all last year and never found it.  I'm really happy that us girls can start annoying the men in our life by asking to play this all of the time.


So, In Summary:
Jolly Green Short Girl 
Glitter, The Dust Of Gods

2 comments:

  1. I think I love the lady who wanted your "turquoise" mirror. At least, I'd have loved to have seen your brain almost explode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is my fav color!

    ReplyDelete