Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Pearce Church Sale

Out here on the west side of town there is a large church called Pearce.  It has a sale every year in a very large gym space.  I always go.  Generally on the first day of the sale, which is a Friday.  Right after I get out of work.  I usually find a few things, but it's never amazing.  

This year I happened to have the first day of the sale off.  So, Lilah and I went first thing in the morning.  We weren't exactly what you might call prepared for what we found.  A good half hour before the sale opened there was a line.  Of like, 100 people.  There were parking attendants and a cross walk attendant, too.  It was a big stinking to-do.  And let me tell you.  We did.

I got only got a few things for myself and one cool gift.  Lilah on the other hand...





Well, she bought everything.  She had four bags of stuff and a huge picture frame.  It's been a long time since she was able to yard sale in the summer.  She's been working hard on a degree and just finished her last class, officially graduating.  I could not be more proud of her hard work and dedication, so Imma let her off the hook this time.  She needed a hit, so it's ok that she got a little...crazed.  Hours later her arms still bore the marks from lugging those jam-packed bags around at the sale. 

I only found a few things, but I was just as happy with them as she was with her horde. Some gorgeous fall decorations. 25 cents for the SET of two votives, you people.  And 50 cents for the acorn dish.  Amazing.





The schnauzer cross stitch picture is a gift for a friend who has two schnauzers.  I paid an entire dollar for it.  Hear that, Daria?  Cherish that shit.


The tiny little dog figurine is for moi.  It was a quarter and it reminds me of my little pup who is the most adorable guy, ever.  Adorable and grumpy by turns.  Here, I'll show you.


So, In Summary:
There's Nothing Left, Lilah Bought It All
Did You See His Widdle Facey-poo?

No comments:

Post a Comment