Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Looking Into The Future

You might think that looking into the future isn't possible.  I'm here to tell you that it can be done.  And without any effort at all on your part!  Sometimes, you'll be minding your own business at a nice yard sale with your buddies and then BAM!  A lady in a kerchief carrying a tiny dog around and talking to it like it's her pal walks past you and you catch a whiff of yourself. It can be quite startling, really, seeing your future self like that.  Here she is, walking around like she doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks about her. Having an outing with her pal Foo-Foo.  Finding some deals.  Doing her thing.

Thankfully I've seen Back To The Future about a hundred and eleven times.  So I know not to talk to her.  I don't even look her in the eye for fear that we'll both scream "It's me!" and pass out.  I only secretly watch her and smile to myself.  Yep, the future looks pretty balmy from here.

After spotting myself, we stopped at a pretty amazing sale in Hidden Valley.  A lady was selling an incredible amount of vintage ceramic figurines.  Some with jewel eyes, some that were unidentifiable adorable animals.  And many, many that we needed to buy.  

You could tell that she was feeding off our delight at her wares.  (If any of you watched Lost Girl I'd tell you that she was feeding off of our yard sale Ch'i.  I've become very aware of who lives off of what Ch'i.)  She also kept talking about how hard it was for her to part with "her cats" (many of the trinkets were cat shaped).  I bought a beautiful vintage ceramic black cat and told her not to worry, that I had a collection of black cats and she would be joining a family.  She thanked me for telling her.

I also bought a pair of vintage rhinestone earrings for a broach bouquet that my friend is going to make for her wedding.  As we were assessing the earrings the lady asked us what we were buying them for.  I told her and she had never heard of a broach bouquet but seemed charmed by the idea.  Then she asked me if I got the idea from Pinterest.  This lady was at least 65 if she was a day.  You cannot imagine how it warms the cockles of my heart to know that ladies that age are into Pinterest, my true love.  (Sorry Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Pinterest is now taking up more real estate in my heart than you are.  I know it hurts now, but it's for the best.)

We also went to the Churchville Green sales.  Tons and tons of sales, plush fresh popped popcorn and hot dogs (for the meat eaters).  I only got a short teal sarong (Batik with palm trees, obviously.) and a small, red, vintage truck for one of my Christmas displays.


So, In Summary:
If a kid claiming to be Calvin Klein or Clint Eastwood comes up to you looking for Doctor Emmet Brown, just stay out of his way.  He's got important stuff to do. 
Also, don't call him chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment