Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2015

MCC Parking Lot

I'm almost certain that this was the first time that the local community college held a garage sale style event in their parking lot.  It was very small, only about 20 vendors and we had to pay (gasp!) one whole dollar to park.  When you see twenty tables set up in the midst of a huge and sprawling parking lot, you don't get overly excited.  It looks wee.

But, I did end up getting a few things, and it was full sun and 80 degrees by 9:30 am, so I'm not complaining!  Any time I can go to an early morning sale in a sundress is a good day.  Plus, one of the vendors was an ice cream truck.  You know, one of those trucks that drive around neighborhoods ringing a bell?  I really respect a 9:00 am ice cream truck.  I would have become best friends with that truck if we'd stayed 10 minutes longer. Or if they'd had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle face ice cream treat with the gumball eyes.  Because, yum.

This is my haul.  I found the funky lattice earrings for $1.  Kermit was $2.  Every time I find a Muppet thing I don't have it seems like some kind of magic.  Still thrilling after all these years. The gold bangle was $5 and fits my child-wrist well.  The earrings are hand made by a hysterical woman who repeatedly told us about how much vodka she consumed while making them.  And about how much her dog wants to be right on her lap in the middle of everything.  I hear ya lady.  On both counts.  Nothing like a boozy craft day with a pup!


I'm glad I stuck it out and didn't turn right around when I saw how tiny the sale was.  I'm hoping that they do it again next year and that it grows and becomes a big, fun thing.

So, In Summary:
Ya Just Never Know!

No comments:

Post a Comment