Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

Tamper

The husband and I recently went on vacation to warmer climes.  Tampa, Florida to be exact.  This post isn't going to be about how adorable the area we stayed in was (Seminole Heights), or about how the neighborhood was pretty much exclusively 1920's craftsman bungalows (tear inducingly gorgeous), or about how perfect the little cottage we rented was
(http://www.erehwonretreat.com/accommodations/cottage/).  This post is just about the things that I bought.  My Florida Souvenirs.


Disney Muppets Pins.  I culled most of these (all but one) from the Webster Flea Market.  This place is actually full of really nice antiques and vintage things.  And then a zillion people selling Disney pins.  Lucky for me!  We did go to actual Disney (Magic Kingdom) for a day, and I did bring my pins to trade.  There were far less cast members wearing lanyards and hip bags than last time I went.  It was very hard to find people to trade with and it was so busy in the park that it just took all the "magic" out of it for me.  The entire day I only found one Muppet pin that I didn't already have. (Statler) From now on I'm just going to buy them on Ebay like any other self respecting Muppet Collecting adult.


While in Florida we visited my grandma and aunts.  These ladies made us a delicious lunch and shared some pool time with us.  One of my wonderful aunts gave me this!!  I've never even seen or heard a whiff of this Miss Piggy on a bicycle.  It's amazing and rare, just like my awesome Florida relatives.  What a great and relaxing (and delicious) day we had!



While in the Magic Kingdom I was fortunate enough to be able to visit the new(ish) shop, Memento Mori. It's next to the Haunted Mansion and sells, you guessed it, Haunted Mansion merch.  I got this set of Haunted Mansion tombstone ornaments that I've been coveting.  I'll put them with my little cemetery plot when I decorate for fall.


The Hallmark Merry Miniatures and the like were purchased at an antique store in Tampa.  So adorable!  I can't even stand the bunny dressed as a chubby alien!


The Muppets keychain is also a gift from my awesome Aunt PJ and the flocked and glittered Christmas ornament was purchased at Disney World.  In the Christmas store.  Just imagine how much my brain explodes when you put those two hands together!!


The tiny purse I bought at the Flea Market for $1.  ONE dollar.  They had tons of different patterns.  This was the most Florida pattern and also the most 80s.  It was so perfect for taking to the beach or to a crazy town theme park.  Just big enough for your phone, some cash and credit cards.  The perfect thing to have on vacation.


The Scottie dog earrings are made from buttons. I got them at the Flea Market for $2.  The necklace pendant is gorgeous and iridescent. The reason is that the background of the pendant is a butterfly wing.  A real and actual butterfly wing!  Crazy and not just a little creepy.  The image is painted on the back of a piece of glass. I got it at a very cool jam packed vintage store.

So, In Summary:
Tampa-A delightful retreat from the cold north.


No comments:

Post a Comment