Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2016

Out In East Bahosa

My college roommate is one of the funniest people I've ever met.  She shared a lot of her family sayings with us, one of which is "East Bahosa".  Every single on of her family sayings had to be explained to us.  Because they were all completely made up.  "East Bahosa" basically means "in the middle of nowhere".

The sales that I went to last week were in East Bahosa.  It's the kind of trip that makes you especially glad for Google navigation.  

The only thing I got for myself at the first sale was this shelf.  Another perfect shelf for my burgeoning Muppets Vinylmation collection. It was $2.50 because it was the second day of the sale.  Half off!


The second sale I went to was not a "professional" sale.  It was being run by the family of a person who had either moved to assisted living or died.  The house this sale was being held in had a total of 2 working lights, no heat (April has been super cold and snowy here in the north), and actual crumbling walls.  As in, the plaster was falling off.  The place was a pit.  BUT.  That being said, the sale was pretty great.  A real "digger". 

The first thing I found in a ratty old box in the garage were these!  My first honeycomb Easter eggs!  I got all of them for a quarter!  They needed a little glue gun tlc, but it was worth it, because they are gorgeous and I'm in deep love! <3

I got the little lavender lamb for fifty cents.  She's vintage Avon.  There was an entire room  of vintage Avon stuff, upstairs (yipes) in this crumbling old house, at the end of a long hallway the likes of which you may have seen in such films as, The Shining or any horror movie ever made.  All of the other doors in the hallway were closed with "do not enter" signs.  I tried not to think about what might be hiding behind those doors.  Because, I'm a treasure hunter, dammit!  I boldly go where no sane human would go, I paw through moldy, sometimes slimy, unidentifiable items in search of that one prize.  I venture into basements and attics that lesser mortals would (understandably) never dare to trod!  We are the few...the strong....the....wait, what were we talking about?



Oh right.  Honeycomb.  I also found this rad honeycomb santa that came in the original paper envelope.  I love those paper envelopes. He was $1.  The little pompom dog ornament was 50 cents.  How cute is he?


And the coupe de gras of this little rendezvous with adventure is this...!


A set of ceramic, candy striped buckets with weird plastic handles! $3 for the set.  The bottom of the large bucket has a foil label that reads "Styled by Shafford Japan" and then "Country Club by Yonk" is stamped on.  I've never heard of either of those things.  The small bucket is missing one of the knobs that keeps the handle on and I couldn't care less.  These beauties have a forever home with moi!  Also, I have no idea what the pink velvet egg-like head is, or goes to.  I'll obviously be displaying her with my Easter decorations.  I've never found as many Easter decorations as I've found recently.

So, In Summary:
Redrum.
(Sounds like a delicious tropical drink, actually)

No comments:

Post a Comment