Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2016

Tequila Will See Us Through

It's April.  Yesterday the snow started.  I'm ready to follow in my grandfather's footsteps and grab my snow shovel, head south, and not stop until someone asks me what the hell that thing is.  The struggle is real.  When you are as over it as I am, you just want to go back to bed and ignore outside, just pretend outside isn't a thing.  That and/or consume copious amounts of frozen tequila drinks with the heater on full blast and some UV lights standing in for the sun.

In order to combat the psychological effects of a lingering winter, I've hit a few estate sales and a thrift store.  Let's look at my pretty finds instead of thinking about cold and snow.


I scored this "sweets" jar for my mom.  ($1.50) She likes to stuff old apothecary-like jars full of sparkling Christmas ornaments.  They look faboo!  I also got the huge honeycomb pumpkin for $1!  It's even bigger than the last large one I found!


One of the estate sales I hit had oodles of vintage Avon. No jewelry though, which is my jam.  Lots of doll-related things and plates, which I'm not into.  I did snag these pretties for 50 cents, each. Very exciting!  The back of the phone is a mirror!


I found this unused sheet of Beistle Easter decorations for $2 at a thrift store. They are my bright Easter colors, too!


A lovely assemblage of little delights.  It's my fondest dream to have a huge, plastic ice cream cone light.  While I wait to find one of those at a decent price, I'll delight in this faux Dairy Queen cone.  The tiny witch cat is vintage Russ or Hallmark and will of course join the other Halloween tinies in my shadowbox. This tin is my first candy striped tin!  Got it for a buck, so excited!  Can't wait to display it at Christmas...and maybe all year...?  I scored the rad 80s earrings for a buck as well.  Love them!


I bought this shelf specifically to hold my burgeoning Muppets Vinylmation collection.  They fit so well!  A great $5 investment!

So, In Summary:
I hear it's spring in other places.
I want to go to there.



1 comment:

  1. Speaking of shovels, I just discovered that during our one real storm this winter, when we got all the winter's snow at once so I had to use a shovel to clear off my car, I apparently scratched. Took me this long to see the box in sunlight, because it hasn't existed since then.

    ReplyDelete