Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It Makes An Ass Out Of You And Me

I hit up a church sale just down the street from my house, with Heather, on Saturday.  It's a tiny church and they were holding it in their "field house" which is a small structure in the back parking lot, kind of like a big shed.  We arrived ten minutes early and there was a line.  A line forming at a shed looks pretty strange, let me tell you.  It was sunny but cold, so we opted to wait in the car.  Because, it was a tiny place, I mean, how much stuff could even be in there?  We thought it would be one of those sales where they have all these long tables set up and three sad things on each table.

When we got inside, that is indeed what it looked like. We thought we'd give it a quick spin and then get on with our day.  Plus, the place did not have heat, and it was about 40 degrees on Saturday.

But! You cannot assume things based on first glance.  One of the true mantras of a real treasure hunter is "you never know".  We give things a good look, we dig around, we notice boxes hiding under the tables and are brazen enough to look inside!

I ended up getting a bunch of good stuff for under $6.


This platter was $1.  It's not vintage but it's large and awesome and plastic.  And it will look great in my someday tiki bedroom.


This beauty was all the way on the other side of the room. Vintage hot pink Samsonite train case for $2!  In great shape, and has an insert that sits inside, for makeup and small things, I'm assuming.  The Snug Bungalow is very snug indeed so storage space is always at a premium.  We have one closet.  One tiny coat closet and that's it.  So, I store some off season clothes and socks and leg warmers and stuff in these vintage train cases.  Practical and pretty to look at.  


They had 80s earrings!  I got me some pastel beauties for 50 cents each!


The wire rack is for displaying stuff in the Muppet Room.  The small shadow box is because I'm running out of room in my regular shadow box for tiny holiday goodies.  These two things cost a total of 60 cents.

So, what at first glance looked like a turd of a sale, actually turned out to be pretty great.  And SO cheap!

Happy Hunting Kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment