Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Summer has finally arrived in the cold, dark, north!  One good thing about where we live is that when summer does come, it is very reliable.  You get lots of warmth and sun in June, July, and August.  Then it's right back to dark and cold.  Why can't our amazing summer last for 9 months out of the year, I ask you?  Then I wouldn't ever dream of moving elsewhere.

A few weeks ago I went to a sale that had some "new" jadeite.  I say "new" because this stuff is like nearly 15 years old at this point, so it's not brand new.  I was #13 in line.  On Friday the 13th. I figured it was good luck.  Double negative and all that.


The Jadeite was still present and I decided against a canister set (too $$) but I was able to scoop up these cutie patootie measuring cups for $5.  The earrings were $2 a piece.



I also scored this vintage felt Christmas tree skirt.  The details were just too adorable to pass up!  Look at the fringe on Santa's beard!  I just love stuff like that!  I also don't already have a Gurley candle tree, so I scooped one of those as well.



Check out the funky carpet that was in this house!  I'm always so amazed at the floor and wall coverings in these homes that have never been changed.




The day after this sale I hit up a church sale with Heather. (and her child and her mother) It was pretty sweet.  She passed baby boy off to grammie, and did herself some sale-ing.  Hard.  We were armed with our new foldable market baskets, and they came in mighty handy. One of us needed more room for all the stuff she bought.  I'm not saying it was Heather, but it totally was.  ;)

I found a Muppet!  This doesn't quite make up for not finding a single one at the Ronald McDonald House Charities sale, but it's a start.  I have this Miss Piggy in a larger size.  Always happy to find anything that isn't already in The Collection.  The 80s earrings are large and in charge and were only $1.


It's very hard for me to resist faux candy canes.  As you can see, I didn't. 75 cents for the lot of them. I mean, come on.  Look how great they look with Jadeite!  I can't not. The earrings are clip and look like little Christmas presents.  They were $1.  I'm so excited to have a few pairs of vintage Christmas earrings!


This Cavitt-Shaw covered dish was $2.  I can't find anything else on Etsy or Ebay in this pattern.  Rainbow confetti!  Come on with that!  It's so cute!  It's on the inside of the bowl as well.  I kept opening and shutting the dish and looking it over and over until Heather came over and said, "You better get that thing.  You keep picking it up and looking at it."  Check!


Until next time, happy hunting, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment