Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2016

She Sells Sea Shells

This past week I found a few delightful shell themed items. I do love me some tropical goodness!


The night light looks great when lit and the other thing is a "decorative dish to hold trinkets".  You know I can't resist resin with stuff in it. A gorgeous little beach scene what is shaped like a shell! It's meta. These were $1 each.


I got the tiny flamingo on the right for $2 at this sale.  He is living happily with this other guy I've had for years and years.  They are ceramic and about an inch tall.



Scarves for $2 each.  The orange and black one will be part of my fall decor, and the one that is "my colors" will get worn when the weather turns on us and stabs us in the back.  Can't wait.


This happy stack of vintage bangles was found at the Raleigh Flea Market in N.C.  I just love how they look together.  And of course I'm swooning over the confetti one! Resin with bits inside!

New In My Etsy Shop
(Find items, at lower prices, before they hit my Etsy store on my shop Instagram account:@thesnugbungalowshop )

Click on a photo to be taken to that item in my Etsy shop!

Vintage Balloon Wall Art
You remember these, right? I myself had a large rainbow hot air balloon complete with a teddy bear riding inside the basket. Fabric wall hangings. Mostly balloon and rainbow themed. Art for your funky cool bedroom! Totally! Relive the good times, when having fabric crafts hung on your walls made you cool.


Vintage Fisher Price Puffalumps Wild Thing Monkey
Stuffed animals made from nylon parachute-esque material was a thing. A very popular thing. This particular line of Puffalumps featured animals from the jungle (Monkey, Rhino, Parrot, etc.) wearing Hawaiian print shirts and plastic sunglasses which you, maddeningly, could not see though! This guy is missing his (so cool and so useless) sunglasses, unfortunately. Seriously though. How many times did we try on those child sized sunglasses and pretend we could see through them?? Design flaw, Fisher Price. Design Flaw.


Vintage Cherry Merry Muffin Doll Banancy
I never had a Cherry Merry Muffin doll, but I did get super annoyed at the commercials. As far as I was concerned, she was nothing more than a Strawberry Shortcake wannabe.  We do not need another smelly, fruit themed baker lady in town, mmmmkay?  Beat it, sister. (Although I do have to admit, that Banancy is a pretty awesome name.)


Vintage Maddie Mod Mannequin Doll
I'm going to be honest and tell you that this thing is creepy.  Straight up. Severed head in a plastic container? Blinking eyes?  Yeah. Not for me.  When I was little there was a Barbie head you could buy. You could style her hair and do her make up.  What are we preparing girls for, with this?  Life as a mortician?  Style the dead up nice? The things little Sally can do with a severed head!  I tell you, fantastic!


Until next time, kids!  Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment