Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2016

Fall Decorations 2016

Going to weekly estate sales is not good for the space issues we have in this house.  Tiny house.  One closet.  Many collections. You do the math.  Or don't, actually.  Math is terrible and there are a lot of better ways to spend your time.  Like looking at vintage fall and Halloween decorations, for instance.

Like that segue?

I like to collect all manner of vintage holiday paraphernalia. For fall I really love a black cat, skeleton, bat, crow, and vintage mask.  I'm not huge on monsters, gore, or horror.  Gotta keep it cute.  I also have a love affair with black glitter.

I absolutely love to find a vintage plastic Halloween mask.  But, in all my days of hunting,  I've only ever come across a handful.  They are in short supply around here. One day when I was browsing Etsy, like ya do, I saw an amazing idea.  Someone had made a very fun garland with printed out photos of vintage masks.  I copied that idea like a total turd. Then I hung my string of masks on a fun Halloween candy garland I already had.  The wimpiest craft ever, but I like the results. You can buy the one I saw on Etsy here, for a very reasonable price.


This baker's rack is from the Kmart Martha Stewart line, way back when. It shockingly belonged to the hubs before we lived together. All that wire rack is amazing for display options! 

I keep seeing drink stations on Instagram, and this is my little version.  I haven't moved the coffee maker, though.  It's ugly and would ruin the cute vibe I've got going on. The adult beverages are stored underneath, and this is where we do the mixing. A bar cart of sorts.  


Shelfie! This is where I display some of my black cat items. I don't mind mixing old and new. We've got some vintage, some Michael's, and some Target up there. I'm very excited about my fall leaf tin serving trays. I've recently seen that they come in green, yellow, and cream!  I'm coming for you, trays!  Be warned!  I got the hand carved wooden skull mask at One World Goods, a store much beloved to me.  They always have a nice variety of masks.


This is my dining room display. It gets a bit more full and a bit ...taller...? every year. Up to the heavens! 


This is what's behind door number 1. Some old, some new, and a lot of bright orange.  It does look pretty great with the jadeite. But then, let's be honest, what doesn't??


Door number 2.


And door number 3.


Close up of the jadeite cake plate and the surrounding merriment. The trees are Dept. 56 and were a steal!  I'd love to find more.  I've got my tiny Magpie Ethel skele-dude back there.  What a cutie!


I love smalls! This is my shadowbox done up for fall / Halloween.  Tiny things make me so happy!


The monster wreath I made from an idea I found on Pinterest. Learn to make one here.


This shelf lives in my bedroom. It's waaaay up near the ceiling.  I tried to fill it in a bit more this year.  It gets all the leftover bits that aren't fitting anywhere else in the house. The skellys on the right are called Boo Baby, and Boo Baby's Baby Boo Baby.  We are very normal up in the Snug Bungalow.


If you follow me on Instagram (@thesnugbungalow) you know that this is my garbage shelf. It's overcome it's meager roots and is all done up in fall finery.  Lots of lovely dvds showcasing a host of fall colors and themes. The collections of my husband and I married into one lovely display.


This is my fireplace mantel.  I do it up very similarly ever year.  Hey, when you find something that works, there is no shame in sticking with it! Especially when you are putting out this many decorations.  Easy is good. This is where the crows hang out.  It looks very sparkly and mysterious by night.


I like to tuck in natural bits like the orange paper lantern plants and real bird's nests.


I love the tiny autumn corsage on the left.  It's the only one I've ever seen.


This is my Haunted Mansion setup.  It used to be my graveyard, but with the additions of the actual Haunted Mansion tombstones I got at Disney World and the amazing halloween puzzle, it's straight up Haunted Mansion now.  I just found these and these and will be sure to print them off and make them up to complete the scene!


Thanks for taking a tour of my Halloween house!

Until next time, happy haunting!

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment