Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Fall Decorations 2017

Not a very imaginative title, but it is direct to the point at least. And sometimes you don't have time for witty.  Sometimes just getting a thing done will do.

So here we are, at the precipice of Halloween.  As we stand here, pondering tricks and treats, costumes vs "screw it, I'm staying home and hogging down all the candy myself", and the proper way to come out of a sugar coma, I bring to you: my Halloween decorations.

Sit back, relax, feast on some tiny candy bars and also your eyes.  Ew.  That makes it sound like you should eat your eyes.  Which you should not.  For the record, you shouldn't eat anyone else's eyes either.  Probably you should just take eyes off the menu altogether.  I was trying to say you should feast your eyes on...oh, never mind.  Just look.

Welcome to my spooky abode...won't you come in?  (OK, so this is obviously not my front door.  It's my bathroom door.  But this skeleton guy is pretty rad, right? He's new to me this year.  He's got a brad in his pelvis (Bradly, you naughty boy!) and one in his neck so he dances around when you use the door.)  And as you can see, Sprocket was worried about why I was taking so many pictures, and none were of him.  So he worriedly and grumpily photo bombed.


This little cutie hangs out above my toilet.  His web is new to us this year, courtesy of @magicsummervintage.


This room is our old bedroom.  We recently renovated the upstairs and move the master bedroom up there.  Now we refer to this room as "Sprocket's Room" (Sprocket is the gumpy/worried pup above).  It generally houses lots of dog related collectibles and vintage doodads. This is the first time I have fully decorated it for a holiday.  I'm so happy to have a place to put my small (but exciting) collection of vintage kids' masks.


I thought it would be cute to put some cats in the dog room. Black cats are some of my favorite Halloween decorations. The large cat in the middle is about three feet tall.


I made this wreath from a tutorial I found on Pinterest.  He reminds me of a Muppet, so of course I love him.


I love tiny things most.


This is the only bit of Halloween that made it up to the new bedroom.


Boy, do I love me some honeycomb!


I also love 80s toys. I mix them in with all of my decor.


The Spooky Kooky jewelry is a Ben Cooper set!


A fun Haunted Mansion display in my living room. 999 Happy Haunts and there's always room for one more!


My Halloween mantel. Lots of black, feathers, glitter, and glass.


Some close ups.




The drink station/bar cart in my kitchen. Someday I'll have enough swizzle sticks to swap them out for every season!


This shelf is in my dining room. I told you that I love black cats!



I also really like glitter.  And masks.


And also candy corn.  Love that, too.


This is the largest display in my house.  An antique display case in my dining room.  It gets more over the top each year.  I love the way the jadeite looks with the black and orange.  That stuff is good no matter the season.


Some close ups of the top.


Of course, lots of black cats.


And plenty of glitter.



These two are obviously a couple.


The light in my house is notoriously bad. Please excuse it.  Or maybe just chalk it up to creepy ambiance?


What's behind the three doors of the display case?




Lots of Halloween treasures!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment