Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Easter Decorating 2011

Last year, I felt like I maybe had too many Easter decorations. This year I don't have enough. Let me tell you how I worked that magic. One word: expansion. New areas, new frontiers. An no, I'm not talking about the bathroom or garage. Yet.

This year I put decorations in the cabinet. I did it with Christmas, why not Easter? The real beauty part of this is that I don't even have enough to fill said cupboard. Room to grow baby, room to grow! So let's jump right in, shall we? Vintage candy containers. Vintage Strawberry Shortcake minis, a little chick sitting on a bunny (the chick is covered in....glitter!) and a felt crafted egg.


Middle cupboard: What is it with plastic? God, I love plastic. Plastic chicks in plastic baskets with plastic flowers. Oh mama. I made the chick and the bunny in the metal wire basket out of eggs. Real eggs. Then there's the box of mini chicks.


Last cupboard: More plastic. Chick head easter basket. For an actual easter basket it's a bit...much. But as a decoration, pretty cute!


Look at how skimpy the green cabinet looks! Oh so much room to fill!


This is the top of the cabinet. Would anyone care for a darling amuse bouche?


Cake plate and sundry trinkets.


I just love the things in this pre-made Easter basket. I bought this from a thrift store. What we have here is a card, a hat on a stick, a plastic rabbit, two plastic chicks in plastic eggs and a knit easter egg. Then there is a bracelet like thing covered in yarn. I have no idea what that is. I can imagine some kid in the 60's getting this on Easter morning and being like...., "What the shit is this? No chocolate?"


Red shelf. Middle top bunny made by me!


This garland always reminds me of a picture from the Little Golden Book, "Baby Dear". The baby has a chew toy that looks a lot like this garland. Which I'm sure you all find very fascinating.


I have a string of Peep lights. They are covered in the sugar-like glitter that I love so well.


Turns out I had a ton of tiny little things that fit nicely into my shadow box. The rule is, if it's tiny and plastic, I'm probably going to love it.


The Easter Mantle.





Happy Spring, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. If only you had some jadeite. OH WAIT! :)

    I love your posts and all of your decorating. You need to have a bunch of small children visit your house, they would LOVE all the details!

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth~
    That thought has given me more than one sleepless night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should paint the brick in your fireplace a bright green and make the mantle white:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually planning to tile the fireplace. I've seen it done a bunch of times and it usually looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete