Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Season Opener

Last Saturday we went to the first official sale of the season. It's been very sunny here. Deceptively sunny. It's like 27 degrees outside but the sun is shining to beat all. Tricksy, precious. At any rate HB and I took a ride down down to Buffalo Rd.

The thing I love about church sales is the old people. Churches mean old people which, in turn means great, old stuff. We always get excited about church sales.

The other thing about old people is that they are sticklers for rules. The sale opened at ten. We got there at about four minutes to ten. We had to wait outside. It was bitter cold. But it wasn't ten.

This particular sale has stuff all through the church in all the small rooms. Sometimes it's hard to maneuver. Especially if some lady wants to buy a stroller that she can't figure out how to get it to fold up, right in the doorway of a small room for like, say, ten minutes or so. Just sayin'.

There are two small rooms filled with toys that I always take my time in because as you know, I have collections. It paid off, just not for me. I found a vintage my little pony for H.B.!

We met some old friends there, and a new friend, too. The husband even came. A good time was had by all. When it was over I ended up with the following:



I'm in the midst of changing over all of my glasses to beer glasses. Mostly because I've broken all but four of our regular glasses. 25 cents each! The juicer was also a quarter and the copper bracelet was fifty cents. Not a huge haul, but not too shabby for the season opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment