Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hidden Valley Ranch

It's very hard to say "Hidden Valley" without following it up with "Ranch". We've visited this site before. As promised, I took pictures of the scenery this year. Very adorable, magical even. At least I think so. It's so quiet back in this neighborhood of town homes and there is a lot of green space. Even though it was rainy I was able to get a few pictures. Check it out and see for yourself.







In attendance: Sarah, the husband, HB, Alicia and their mom. It's also hard to say "your mom" or "their mom" without it feeling like a punchline. One of the ironies about this sale is that last year I got a really large umbrella for free. This year, I put that umbrella to good use. Even though it was rainy we managed to get through all of the sales.
No great stories or witty anecdotes to share, really. I stopped one lady from thinking that a butter applicator was a garlic press. Heather bought a Dixie Chicks cd, but other than that nothing too funny or crazy happened. We did get some great stuff though. Have a look!

Alicia was on the lookout for things she can use when she moves into her own place. Since she has a big ol' doggy she'll need one of these. $2.


HB's house has lots of ceramic trees at Christmas time. Looks like the idea caught on. The deer head vase was $2. Jewel eyed. Move over buying garbage cans. There is a new love in Alicia's life. Welcome buying blankets!



HB's loot. A little purse with a mirror inside for chapsticks and stuff (10 cents) Two tupperware cake plates for $3.25 total and a...Dixie Chicks cd. Try not to judge her.

The husband has been getting the sale-ing fever of late. Something in him recoils at the thought of paying full price. At a garage sale. He got a covered pan for $3 instead of $5 (How did we make it this long without a covered pan? I mean, not that I cook, or really have any reasonable idea what one does with a covered pan, but it seems like a good question. ) But his big claim to fame was the 75 cent aluminum beach chair. It was marked $1. I told him that I had gotten our other one for $1, which was clearly a mistake. He imagined a challenge in my voice. He offered the woman 75 cents, she looked at him like he was nuts, heaved a sigh and said she supposed that would be fine. He paid with a dollar. Classy.




I found a cream colored ceramic vase for the living room. Nice and tall. Marked $3, paid $2. The metal (reusable!) skewers were only 5o cents. They look like medical tools from here. That's kinda creeping me out. Let's move on.


I've been collecting stemware this spring because I only have large, chunky, colored glass goblets. These are great fun, don't get me wrong, but It's weird drinking champagne from them. Not impossible but weird. Plus, here at the Snug Bungalow the keyword is snug. It's a small place. Not a whole lot of storage. So, I opted for these. They are etched glass and quite adorable. Wine would look great in these glasses as would champagne, or a martini, heck even beer would look classy in these little ladies. At 25 cents each, I'm pretty proud of my investment.


And then a book about Paul Bunyan for 50 cents. Because, you gotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment