Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Marathon Weekend...Literally

Well, I guess it's a half marathon weekend, if you want to get technical. The Flower City Challenge, to be precise. One million things are happening. Check it out: Friday we went to a church sale. We go every year. Never find anything too epic, but we feel compelled to go since it's pretty close to where we live. Also, I have to support church sales that start on Friday and stay open till 7 or 8 pm. That's just rad. All those old ladies staying out past their bedtime. I'm talking about me and my friends, of course.


We're not going to mention the fact that HB looks drugged in this picture. Or that she's wearing some conglomeration of pajamas. I don't think she reads this, so what she doesn't know can't hurt her. Anyway, the Millhouse sisters have a love of moody sea/ship art. Alicia is in the market for a place of her own and she found one of these at the Friday sale. In the middle of debating whether to keep it for her new place or give it to her sister, she noticed a second one. The same. Twinsies. Boom. I think they were like 50 cents each.


All of the little animals are Alicia's of course. As is the picture frame. Maybe she'll put a mirror in it. Maybe she'll paint it a rad color and put it over her new peep hole. Who knows? the wooden spoons are for her new place, too. HB bought the embroidery hoops, the bobbins and the great vintage Christmas tags. Now, I'm going to show you what I got. You might want to sit down. Because this is good. Almost overwhelmingly so.


Right?? Mouse pad! I'm using this bad boy at work. Goodbye plain red mouse bad. Hello love of my life! The whole shebang cost me 75 cents. Beat that with a stick, if you can! But maybe not, because I think it would break my new wine glasses. I sort of just realized that I don't have stemware. So, I'll be on the lookout all summer long. So then on Saturday morning the husband and HB teamed up for a duathlon. She ran, he biked, she ran. Team Chick and Nick placed 13th out of 49 teams! Not too shabby! We got up at like 5:20 am they did physical activity, I waited around a took pictures. It was nice out. And sunny.


After they finished we went home to clean up. I took a nap, you know, since all that looking around was such hard work. Nobody else napped. That's just how my lazy ass rolls. Literally. That's how I'm maintaining such astounding rolls. Take note. A few minutes later we headed out to a neighborhood sale. It was glorious outside. Just as we started to get hungry we discussed the potential for us to come across someone selling hot dogs. Just at the same moment we spotted said person. The combo was $3. Hot dog, bag of chips and a drink. I opted for Fritos and water. I gotta watch my waistline. The menu said that gossip was free. I'm not sure why I didn't document this in photographs. Too much eating, I guess. Then I belched up hot dog for the rest of the day and remembered why I don't like those little mothers. They don't even really taste that great the first time.


The husband got vinyl.


Sarah got a very cool green bag and a Pennsylvania Dutch Unicorn plaque. Which, makes perfect sense to me. Andrew got a tea bag squeezer outer. I'm pretty sure my family used to have one of those.


Alicia got the hoodie she's wearing and it came in handy right away. Babe the Pig is a toy for her dog. Something about that makes me cringe. Don't worry Babe, it won't hurt for long. That dog will have you ripped apart in four minutes flat. The totally unauthorized Michael Jackson trivia book is nice because we can all learn a little something from it. I don't know if the thing draped over her arm is a rug or a blanket. Knowing Alicia, it's a blanket. Because if it's not a garbage can, it's going to be a blanket every time. Or a small animal statuette. With jewel eyes. I can't wait to see her new place!


HB got the skirt for a quarter. Ridiculous. She wears skirts all summer long, so I'm sure she'll get her monies worth out of it. More vintage Christmas labels which were free and a glass what says "Norma" if you can believe it. The Millhouse sisters have an aunt Norma (Normie) and she enjoys a nice cocktail every now and again. So this is the glass she'll use when she comes to visit.


This is my haul. $1 for the mug which I'm giving to my aunt. She loves cardinals and she also likes cute cartoon things. I think she'll get a hoot out of it. That would have been a funny pun if it were an owl mug. Pretend, ok? The strawberry shortcake things will be listed on my Etsy page shortly and the linen was ten cents. Ten cents, ok LuLu?!? So no guff from you! It's awesome and you are getting it and I don't want to hear about rules! Heather made me do it! She made me get it for you even though I tried to tell her about the rules! She doesn't go in for rules and she's a bully to boot! I blame her.

Then on Sunday morning HB and a bunch of our other friends ran the half marathon. Right after that we went to the public market for their yard sale day. It was so nice out. Perfect weather for running. I would imagine. Not that I know from experience. But I do have a pretty good imagination, so just trust me on this one. Below you will find the things the husband and I bought. Just the wine glass is mine! (25 cents) This is the most that the husband has ever bought in one saleing event. I think he had a tinch of the bug. The fever. He didn't want to pay full price for anything and ended up getting a $4 plant stand that our friend Mae had been wanting for $2 instead! He's gettin' good at this. The belt buckles were $1 and $2 (he's going to try for all 50 states. The funny part is that the Arizona buckle was made in Colorado.) and the movies were $5 together. Great way to finish off the weekend. I'm proud of you, my son.


OK, time to go get ready for brunch! So many good things! Hearts and bellies full of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment