Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Stop. Shower Time!

Today was my good friend Meggles' wedding shower. The husband and I got up early to go to the Public Market, but then didn't really have enough time for a full fledged day of yard sale-ing. So, I decided that I was in the mood to hit up a thrift store instead. I was in the market for sandals, shirts and dresses. As my good friend Meat Loaf says: Two outta three ain't bad. (Actually, I hate meatloaf. My mother would make it when we were little and my brother and I would sit at the table and cry. Real tears. She threatened us with having to sit there all night until we ate it. We chose to sit. And cry. Recently she told me that she had guests over and served it to them. I always knew she was a sadist. I don't know what I'd do if I was visiting someone for dinner and they served me meatloaf. Cry, probably.)

So, let's jump right into it. Lots of deals! First up the neatest Alice in Wonderland T-shirt I've yet seen. I have always loved Alice and I wish I could say that it was from the gorgeous piece of literature penned by Mr. Carroll. That not being the case I will divulge to you that my love for this fanciful tale came directly from the Walt Disney animated feature that both slightly terrified and intrigued me. I especially love the deep shadows in the film. Gorgeous! $1.99- Claire's Boutique, if you can believe it.


Next up is a drool-worthy find. Banana Republic jeans for $5.99 on sale, half off!! 3.00! Now, don't cry when I tell you this but, I'm cutting them off to make shorts. They fit really well on the waist and are way too baggy in the lower leg. They will be long cut off shorts as per the request of the husband.


This next shirt was $1.99, I Love H81, a Forever 21 brand, apparently. I don't think it's ever been worn. It's a very, very light sweater material and I mean, how retro 80's can you get? The shocker is that the husband liked it. He generally does not have a love of 80's fashion in any respect. This thing is tres comfortable. (sometimes I wax a little French)


Next up is a cute black and white (I know, you're shocked. I am too. I'm breaking away from my all black and whi...er...um...hm.) and red sun dress. $3.99 by Tres Chic. I can't find info on this brand so I have no idea where on earth it came from. But, I'm glad I know where it's going to. It has a cinch string in the waist, so it fits so nicely!


Here we have a pair of vintage Levis that have been made into cut offs. This might seem like a weird purchase to you but, might I call your attention to the zipper? All four glorious inches of it! That's right. These babies are not "low rise". These mothers rise all the way to the top. (much like my other good friends, House Of Pain) I repeat: I cannot wait until the highest waisted pants you've ever seen come back into style. I will rock those pants so hard and I will cry in unabashed gratitude every single day.


Last but certainly not least, the vintage 80's Wrangler Tshirt. (Remember those jeans? I want some of those jeans. I bet they have a six inch zipper!!) Oh, yes. Feast your eyes on this baby. Now, it was either this shirt or the oversize florescent pink Tshirt that said "Achy Breaky Heart", I mean, you can see what a dilemma I was in. This particular Salvation Army almost always has amazing 80's clothes. I've seen a red jumpsuit made of parachute material, a vintage Buffalo Bills jersey style Tshirt from when they were in some "The Big Game" and an awesome House of Guitars shirt which I promptly bought the husband, for $1. This place is awash in 80's goodness. If this store had a soundtrack it would be Living on a Prayer, Thriller and Whip It on repeat. The husband also liked this shirt, which is a wonder to me. But, I didn't oppose it, I just paid for it real quick before he could change his mind. $2.99


Six. Inch. Zipper.

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't forgiven you for planning to cut those Banana Republic pants. THEY'RE BANANA REPUBLIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete