Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter Craft 2012

Yes. I know Easter is over. I'm aware. You don't have to be snobbish about it.

But, the thing is...I didn't finish my Easter craft until after Easter. I know. That is some bad planning on my part. It's very un-Sarah of me. I like to do things in a timely fashion. Not complete a task two weeks late like some shiftless roust about.

I mean, here it is nearly a week after Easter and I'm just finishing getting these little babies out. But, at least they are so awesome that they'll still look great next year. And, everyone likes a fresh, new bauble to put out, don't they? I blame this whole thing on Martha Stewart, anyway.

So, here they are. My Easter Craft, 2012.


Papier mache eggs. Decorated with crepe paper flowers, made by me. The slightly larger, green egg in the middle is mine. I made it for me. It doesn't have anything special inside. It is also the only one that doesn't have crepe paper flowers. Because I couldn't figure out how to make teeny tiny lily of the valley like this, here. So, I just cut out the leafy bits and stuck on some vintage floral sprigs. The bases are made from checker pieces wrapped in crepe paper.


Lilah loves tulips. I'm not going to show you how I made these. That's not what this blog is about.


Pompom bunnies! I purchased the papier mache egg boxes online after a long search.


HB loves orange and aqua. The eggs were less available and more expensive than I thought they'd be.


Pompom chicks! But, I had a fever and the only cure was a papier mache Easter egg craft.


Sarah Mae got the only rhinestone. Can you believe I restrained myself? I HAD rhinestones and I DIDN'T use them ALL. I have to admit, I think I love the daffodils the best.


Sarah Mae has creepy-ass taste.


This last egg travelled all the way to Philadelphia! This will look killer with LuLu's decor.


You have to look at it on an angle to really appreciate the beauty.


Big ol' pompom bunny man!

Well, that was fun.

Last Friday the husband and I had the day off. It was amazing. We went to lunch at Orange Glory Cafe. Dear anyone in the Rochester area, this place is only open during the week for lunch. Do yourself a huge favor and take a day off (come on, you deserve a day off) and GO THERE, GO THERE NOW. Seriously mind blowingly delicious. We also hit up a few Estate Sales. Now, Estate Sales are vastly different from yard, garage, tag or church sales. Estate Sales is where the antiques dealers go for their booty. Prices and stakes are higher. They razz each other and gloat quite a bit. They scoff, stick up their noses and act like crazed animals the entire time. It was a good reminder of why I stay as far away from Estate Sales as I can. I did end up getting some good stuff for the Etsy page, but I only got a few things for myself.

Can I get a witness?


25 cents each. Red felt deer head on a holly pick with bells and a ...snow...tuft. With glitter.


Also this vintage Goose-Grease mug which will be a prize at the Seersucker Social this year! Come on out, folks!

Also, as a word of warning: Sometimes a trip to the toy store for your niece's birthday turns into a trip to the toy store for yourself.


So, in summary:

Give Someone The Gift Of Glitter This Season
Oh, Please With Your-Antique-Dealer-Self
Plastic!
Seersucker Sounds Dirty But Isn't
These Are Aunt Sarah's Toys

2 comments:

  1. The egg does look spectacular up on the shelf. I haven't had the heart to take it down yet, tho it's long past the season. And I must say, I got the cutest bunny man. He maks me squee every time I look at him. <3

    ReplyDelete