Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

Just A Tinch

I went to a really satisfying church sale last weekend right before going to a really satisfying beer outing at the zoo with some ladies.  Yep.  You heard be correctly.  Rochester sells tickets to people to visit the zoo after hours and drink.  Now, if you are anything like me you worry about certain types of people mixing those two things.  But, it turned out to be a really great time and nobody (that we saw) dared anyone else to climb into the lion's enclosure.  Thankfully.  Just as they were closing up shop it started raining a whole lot and then there was a gorgeous lightening storm the whole drive home. Good times.

So at this sale I got a few things for myself.  Which isn't happening a lot these days.  I'm either becoming a whole lot pickier about what I bring into my home or, OR I've already got everything.  I'm leaning toward that last one. The good part is that a tiny little thing can make me as happy as a whole bag of stuff would make the next guy.  


Let me introduce you to Sour Grapes.  She's a Strawberry Shortcake baddie and a member of my small but hopeful SSC minis collection.  I only have 9 pieces.  For me that is a tiny little collection.  She still smells awesome, too.  That was one of the best parts about Strawberry Shortcake toys.  They smelled like delicious 80's heaven.  And the little shoes.  And the pets.  OK, there were a lot of great things about them.  Of which the smells are one.

I suspect the ornament is vintage Hallmark and I have a matching Santa one.  Which makes me wonder how many of these delights were produced!?  Which makes me hopeful and giddy.  And also a little excited for Christmas decorating.  Notice I said decorating.  I'm not ready for that weather yet, nohow.

So, In Summary:
Friends Don't Dare Friends to Climb Into The Sea Lion Tank Whilst Singing I'm A Little Teapot
Christmas Is Coming, My Collections Are Getting Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment