Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bathroom

You know you've stepped across some sort of line when you begin decorating the bathroom for each holiday. You've turned your heart away from the familiar, the rational, the norm. Instead you look with greedy eyes on the only uncharted decorational territory in the house: the crapper.


You'll remember these from before. The silver tree is from Avon (How is it that I've never written a post on my love for all things Avon?!) a few years back and it lights up. We use it as a night light during the holiday season. Sometimes I stop to wonder if it's uncouth or even derogatory to decorate the back of one's toilet. Then I think of all of the other areas in my life that are uncouth and derogatory and I shrug and say "meh".


This is the scene above the toilet. Slightly less garish than the fall set up, surprisingly. The green glass tree on top is a vintage Avon perfume bottle. I used to have a giant collection of vintage Christmas Avon bottles. That collection had to go. It got the boot in one of my yearly purges. Only the trees remain to tell the tale.


This is my snowball garland. It was given to me by a friend's mother on one of our yearly holiday shopping trips to the Craft Antique Co-Op. It's very long and is draped above our medicine cabinet.


Lastly, we have Gene Frost. I drew him. I also made a little character guy out of clay and stuff. I gave him to Heather, so he doesn't live with me any more, but he looks just like this:

I did the drawing first, and was going to call him Jack Frost, of course. But then, I looked at him more closely. He reminded me of Gene Kelly for some reason. Maybe it's the eyebrows. And, you can bet your bottom dollar that Gene Frost can tap dance like nobody's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment