Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Kitchen

So...the kitchen. Our kitchen and dining room sort of run together. They aren't exactly two separate rooms. Therefore, this will be brief. Breathe easy.


We have a second window treatment, like the one in the dining room. Instead of being laden with Muppet ornaments, this one has red and white, to coordinate with...Christmas and...the kitchen. Vintage Santas, crocheted snowflake by my friend Ann and a felt Santa head made by my mom.


This bit escaped from the Muppet Corner. Can't contain them! I love when two collections overlap like this: Muppets AND Christmas. Gets the heart rate up there.


Now, this is a favorite of mine. It's a felt Hallmark advent calendar. I saw it in a magazine and nearly died, deciding that I just had to have one! It's a few years old and it cost a pretty penny. My mom bought it for me because she loves me soooo much! The star on the top plays music when you press on it and each day has a felt piece that magnets to the tree. My brother and I would have loved this when we were young. Sometimes I fantasize about us taking turns with the days and which pieces would have been our favorites. In reality I try to get the husband to take turns putting a piece on each day. He's half hearted about it to say the least. He sighs a deep sigh and rolls his eyes pointing to whichever piece is closest when I unfailingly ask him with piece is his favorite. Apparently some kids didn't grow up choosing their favorite of things. I call this child abuse.


In other news, I just got these as gifts from my friend LuLu. Don't look directly at them or they'll burn your eyes right out. Behold the glory! I cannot wait to find a spot for these beauties in The Cabinet.

I told you this would be short!

2 comments:

  1. i laughed so hard at the advent calendar part!! several things: i ALSO grew up choosing my favorite of things. it made me who i am today! i also decided which character i was on each show i watched. you know that. #2: we did have a calendar like that where you moved the mouse from day to day. we used to try to get up the earliest and race downstairs to change the day. there was no taking turns. Stacks are cutthroat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd be a favorite chooser! You have told me which character you "were" on lots of shows. And you chose for your siblings, too. Obviously. We used to have the Mouse calendar, too! I seriously think it was from Avon. Lord love it. Everyone is always amazed at the fact that my brother and I were so cool with taking turns. It never seemed weird when we were little.

    ReplyDelete