Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Natural Oasis

Buckle up, kiddies. I'm about to go on at length about a restaurant that I've just discovered here in Rochester. I didn't take any pictures, so this post is just reading. Let that be a warning. Leave now if you, like Alice, can't imagine how anyone can possibly read a book with no pictures in it.

The place is called Natural Oasis. They have a website but the link I've provided is more informative and has a picture of the building. It can easily be mistaken for a spa. The front of the cafe is actually a health...supplements? store. The restaurant is at the back and only has about six or seven tables. They serve Ethiopian and vegetarian food. I think most (all?) of it is vegan as well.

The husband and I went with another couple. The menu is limited to about 11 or 12 items and everything is served family style. Now, you are going to want to pay attention to this next bit: Each item is $4. FOUR DOLLARS! What?? Yep. You'd be full ordering two items. The four of us ate for $43. Stuffed to the gills with delicates and healthy food.

Now, don't judge, but we ordered nearly everything on the menu. We were really hungry, ok? We did not get the ice cream or the greens. We did get the pizza, risotto, gnocchis, pizza, veggies, stew, lentils, cha,i and more.

I couldn't choose a favorite but I did love the gnocchis. They were in truffle oil. They tasted just like hamburgers. I'm not joking. It was amazing. I would eat those in lieu of beef any day of the week. I'd love to, in fact.

How on earth this place doesn't have a line out the door every day of the week is beyond me. But, for what it's worth, I'd like to make that happen. Who's with me?

If you can get over the fact that the restaurant is in the same building as a store, has only six tables and bad parking, please, do yourself a huge favor and go there.

2 comments:

  1. I told Greg and I DEFINITELY think he wants to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one bernam pricing Margaret Ville Condo by MCL. Hotline 61234567. New Launch Queenstown Condo in Singapore. Get Direct Developer VVIP Pricing, Floor Plan, Discounts & more.

    ReplyDelete