Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Advent Sale 2011

I'd like to state for the record, that I get lost every single time I drive to this sale. It's in Fairport, or just outside of Fairport and I never go to that town. I'm not real versed in the East side of the city at all, to be honest. This year was no exception. It wasn't a long detour though, for which I and my passengers were grateful.

This is my pile of treasure for which I paid about $7.50 total.


Look at this little charmer. Note the googley eyes. 50 cents. I have a friend who loves elephants. I gave it to her. She loves elephants like I love mice/bats. I made the mistake of wrapping a gift in elephant paper at a party we both attended. She almost went after the spent paper in the trash can before I promised to frame a piece for her from my fresh stock, at home. It is dreadfully cute paper, so I can't say that I really blame her.


Here you can bear witness to one of the most girly pocket knives ever. Cherry red with white zebra-like stripes and glitter. I sharped it up and now I'm ready to cut you. "Oh yes I will, girl". It was $1. Then there is the bag of Disney pins. The trading kind. I know I've told you about those before. Four of them for 50 cents! They are worth $10 each, but in reality we all know that they are worth one Muppet pin each! I can't wait to trade them on my next trip!


This frame is lined in leather and was one dollar. You know I can't resist frames. The wooden thing with the metal hooks is a tie rack. Or a necklace rack, as I like to call it. I haven't installed it yet, but I have plans for it! Oh, yes. So what if I have a stack of things started for "the bedroom of my dreams" and no plans to move or renovate in the foreseeable future? It had inlay! What's a girl to do? NOT buy it? Right! It was only $1! The talc bottle is Avon (don't even get me started, you know how I can go on about Avon) and is gorgeous as is the box. 50 cents. The bedroom of my dreams pile grows larger.


Two gorgeous and vintage pillowcases for $1. I need to get new sheets. I'm not going to tell you the last time I bought a pair of new sheets. It would make you vomit and I'm not here to do that to you. So just look at the pretty, clean pillowcases instead, okay?


This ring is sterling silver. It was $2. No, I don't know "what it is". It has writing on the bottom that I'm fairly sure is middle eastern? One side of the ring is braided. It's awesome, fits me and was $2 so don't drive yourself crazy with unanswerable questions.

As you well know, tomorrow is the first day of September. That means fall decorating is a "go". Even though I'm not really ready for fall yet and still need a bit more summer. That is the first time those words have been pushed out through this mouth. I'm a fall girl and not just because my birthday is in fall. But we got royally ripped off in the arena of nice weather this year and I'm just not ready for cold weather to start again. Maybe if I decorate I'll get in the mood.

At any rate, I'm going to try to do something a little different this time and take pictures of what amy normal decor looks like before fall descends in all it's orange and black glory. A little treat for you. You lucky kids. (Shout out to my three readers: Heidi, Beth and Ann! The only people brave enough to put up with the torture.)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting, I've been so excited to see your haul! How did everyone else do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down with winter, long live summer... down with winter, long live summer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom got a significant amount of stuff. Alicia got loads of stuff for her new apartment including a microwave and several pieces of furniture. I didn't ever really see what HB got. Ann got some jewelry and Sarah Mae got lots of stuff including some awesome vintage curtains with huge brown pop-art-ish flowers on them. I didn't see you there, did you end up going??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did...brought my Grandmas and had a baby on my back. Sooo, the pace was a little slower than usual, but they were hilarious. They kept stealing stuff from each other trying to pay for the other's finds. They each got a few treasures they were pretty psyched about, and apparently my Grandma Mazza has The Gifting...she got a couple great deals. I was hoping for some furniture, but "all i got was this lousy magazine rack" : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. As one of your fans may I say I nearly busted a gut over the girly knife comment from your post. "I will cut you!" about did me in! And, don't toy with me... If you say you are going to post pre pics of the abode prior to Fall Festivas then by darn, I'm countin' on it!

    ReplyDelete