Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

This Is How It Is

So, my kitchen. You cool and lucky cats get to see it at it's least decorated and most regular. Please, don't mind the layer of dust that you think you can see in every shot. That's just your eyesight. You might want to have that checked. You're getting kind of old.

Let's jump right in, shall we?


If you click on the images, you will get to see a larger picture. Not that you'd want to see any of this jumbled mess up close. Note the striped cardboard popcorn box. If you purchase popcorn at the Dryden Theater you will get your very own stripy box, too! Plus you'll probably be seeing a rad movie. Can you see little Strawberry Shortcake there, on the tiny red plastic couch? She just loves vintage decor! Here is a closer look:


You probably also recognize that adorable and as yet unidentified basket of not-egg cups from before. Remember?


Vintage soda bottle from LeRoy, NY. Vintage tin bird was $5 at The Dome Sale one year. He thinks he's the cock of the walk.


The framed dog picture is a vintage trading card. A Westie and a Scottie dog. I heart them both. Here is a closer look:



The left hand cabinet shelves.


I grow mushrooms and Apple Dumplin's in my jadeite forest.


I love these lettuce leaf plates. I only have two of them but they make me happy every time I see them.


Accidental lobster collection.


Incidentally I ate a whole lobster once and it's something I never hope to repeat. I've never really loved disemboweling animals right on my dinner plate. Call me crazy, but that's something no amount of melted butter can make right.


The middle section of the cupboard.


My only piece of Holt Howard pixieware. You don't know about pixieware? Please go here and educate yourself. I got mine for TEN CENTS at a yard sale when I was in college. The steal of the century!

And the right hand side of the cupboard.


Now kids, smile for your close up! (Those pieces of candy are actually lip gloss containers.)


I keep a bunch of pitchers on this shelf. It's good to have them so easily at hand for all of my impromptu hostessing. A good hostess likes to have a full pitcher of water at hand for her guests at all times. Make a note of that. (A better hostess will have a full pitcher of booze on hand at all times.)

This is the Martha Steward shelf.


I sort of feel bad about doing a blog about my regular decor. In a way it feels like a clip show. You've already seen most of this stuff when I bought it and wrote about it then. It feels cheap, like the easy way out.

All of the fall decorations are up now, though. Had to be done. Although, it's pretty strange decorating for fall in 90 degree weather. And by strange I mean annoying and sweaty.

So all of the other regular Joe decorations will have to wait for another season or so. I'm sure you're all filled with despair and longing. But, take heart. I have two more blogs waiting in the wings already. I went thrift shopping this week and also will be taking pictures of the fall decor. I remember that last year I felt like I had one million decorations and this year I feel like, "Where are all my decorations!? I better run right out and get some more!"

And finally I'd like to give a shout out to Daria, who is also a faithful reader. What does that bring my total up to, now? Four? My span of influence and power is vast and wide reaching.

4 comments:

  1. I love love love the picture of you and Nick. And .... dust?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're counting me in your total. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lobster does look extra leggy from that angle...like a big red crunchy spider...yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth~
    of course I am.

    Ann~
    It is an amazing picture.

    Katie~
    Never again!!

    ReplyDelete