Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Swan Song

Yard sale season is winding down in a hurry. Maybe if summer hadn't started two months late I wouldn't feel so depressed about it. Usually I'm kind of ready to sip apple cider and eat cinnamon donuts. But this year, I'm not. I'm clinging to iced tea and mai tais. I want paper umbrellas and watermelon. I want neighborhood sales every Saturday!

Last weekend there were two church sales. Some of my fellow travelers scored big. Some of them should be imprisoned for buying more greeting cards when they have a whole dresser drawer full of unused cards already.
I didn't get a whole lot. Just a few Christmas things. After the churches we went to the large Salvation Army in Greece, NY. I didn't get a ton of stuff, but what I did get is good. Real good.


Christmas bits.


Banana Republic black v-neck sweater. $2.99. Take that Goodwill! (grumblemumble prices) None of your sass about how I already own about seven black v-neck sweaters. You heard that I said Banana Republic. Plus, you know that black is the source of all my powers.


Mossimo cardigan $2.99. I love me some creamy green.


May I present: The Red Polka Dot Dress. (Sam & Max $5.99) My mother brought this gem to me in the dressing room. It fits like a freaking glove. Let's see...I love red. I love polka-dots. I love things that fit well. Nicely done, Lilah. Let's look a little closer, shall we?

Oh yeah, that's the stuff. I wore this on my birthday and it makes me feel like nothing so much as Little Red Riding...Dress.

We're going to a fall festival this weekend. I'll try to remember to take pictures but you know how I am "in the moment". I also have all my treasures from my adventures at The Craft Antique Co-Op to show you, ya lucky little devils.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! AAAHHH! AAAaaaAAAAHHHHHhhhhHHH!! I love the red dress! YAY! Also, Banana Republic is always, ALWAYS a win.

    ReplyDelete