Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Falling 2011

Fall decorating post, 2011. Loved by many, loathed by some, feared by all.

As you'll see, I have hardly any fall decorations. Last year I felt overwhelmed by their numbers. This year I'm all, "Where are all the fall decorations!? I hardly have enough to do the bathroom with!!" I'm scheduled to go to the Craft Antique Co-Op (Which is now called something ridiculous like, "The Shops On Ridge Road" or something. I refuse to acknowledge the new name. It's horrible for branding and most of the time doesn't even end up working. Plus it's trying to trick people into thinking that it's just another strip mall or something, which it isn't. They are trying to skirt around the issue of there being nothing but crafts and antiques and more often than not people dressed in garb. One year a very old woman who had to be on the far side of 90 if she was a day, was working one of the check out lines. It was Halloween time and all the employees were dressed up. This woman was wearing some god awful home made, white fuzzy cat? mask that would have shot fear into the heart of anyone who gazed upon it. My sister-in-law had nightmares for a month afterward. I didn't look it directly in the eye for fear of being turned to stone. That is not something that someone who just wants to go to a strip mall is going to stomach with any amount of goodwill. Good luck to you, sir.) soon and hope to pick up a trillion more. I still need to decorate the bedroom, bathroom and garage. Come on now.

The kitchen.


I'm pretty sure the white glittered ghost is new to you.


Most of this stuff you will have seen before. It might be in a slightly different spot. So, I'll make you look at it all again. Lucky you.


Look! The little purple house made it another year. I wasn't at all sure it would. I also wasn't sure about the candy corn, but I haven't forgotten that my cousin has dibs on it if I ever want to oust it. I feel like I can't afford to oust stuff this year. Not enough to cover the holes! (Yes, in case you are wondering those are beany baby bats up there. Don't you judge me.)


This is the first year that I put decorations in the cabinet. I like it a lot. Will continue this trend in the future, provided I have enough things to go around.


And the Martha shelf. Framed in those awesome plastic Avon lights coated in glitter.

On to...the Living Room.


The graveyard is growing. This vignette reminds me so much of the Haunted Mansion. Don't let me get started on that, though. You'll be here all day. I can blather on for an eternity about Disney World. I love it more than I love Avon. And you know how much I love Avon. Let's just say that our haunted graveyard has 999 ghosts and we're always looking for one more....(cue evil laugh here)


Remember these dudes from last year? They are keeping the husband's dvd collection company and spreading fall cheer while we sleep. (Because as you can clearly see, these are of the variety that come to life when we go to sleep.)


This is Boo Baby and Boo Baby's Baby Boo Baby. I don't think you've been introduced before. You might think I made up that ridiculous litany of names, but I didn't. The husband did. No, really, he did. I swear. The gorgeous box was given to me by a dear friend last year. Behind that you can see my wand. Maple with a phoenix feather core. Accio nerds!


2011 Fall Mantel.


New large black owl coated in black glitter from The Christmas Tree Shop. That shop is like crack. Don't go in there. You'll get hooked and no amount of hospitalization or rehab with help. They tried to make me go to rehab, but I said no-no-no.


This glittery dude came from the same place last year. See what I mean? Can't. Stop.


This is a real robin's nest culled from above an outdoor light fixture at my place of work. (Don't worry, the birds had already moved out. I think it was because of the crazy amount of blue jays in that neighborhood. They really bring the nest property value down. Always throwing huge, loud parties and trying to peck cat's eyes out...) It's really a huge lump of mud with some sticks wrapped around it. I'm not sure how long it will last before it crumbles and makes a gigantic mess all over my living room. As you can see, I live on the edge.

I just remembered that I forgot to take a picture of the shadow box. That will have to wait until next time, I guess. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment