Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hobbiton Sale

OK, so it's not really Hobbiton. It's just a neighborhood in East Rochester that looks like it was built in Yore. Renaissance festival style. Pretty sweet lookin'. It was rather hilly and kind of a workout to walk it. Plus, my mom had lunch for us after, so we were working towards a goal.

There were a lot of new families and as you know, new families is not what we want when sale-ing. We want old people. We want moth balls, we want canes and walkers, we want orthopedic shoes! Because, as you well know, the oldies have the goods. The good goods. This is the reason I like to yard sale in Gates. Tons of old people. Tons of old people from different countries. So many amazing things!

I didn't get a whole lot at this sale, because of all the newbies. But I did find a few things. Behold:

That's right. Guns and glow bracelets. I had a hard time finding a water gun to spray paint for a Halloween costume a few years ago. I checked every store in a 100 mile radius. Nobody sells even water guns that look like guns in NY state. And glow bracelets. Always glow bracelets.


I mean, just look at this junk. If this sight doesn't make you giddy then you might as well just throw in the towel.


I'm pretty sure this acorn linen is a sampler. There are all types of stitches around the edge. I love things with acorns. The green linen underneath is gorgeous. I need another hankie like I need another root canal. But they were only about a quarter a piece! I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture but the second one is green with green trim. I love me some tone on tone. I think I like this one so all fired much because it reminds me of one of my all time favorite My Little Ponies. Medley.


Last but not least, beakers. For...science. I'm going to put a curly pipe cleaner in them and set them up in the fall/Halloween decorations like a mad science experiment. Mwaaa....mwaaaaahhh...muahhahahahaaaa!

1 comment: