Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

In Your Easter Bonnet With All The Brightly Colored Plastic Upon It

It's a well established fact that my taste in Easter/spring decor is a bit unrefined. Garish even. When you love plastic as much as I do you have to get used to that. Embrace the bright. Center yourself in the screamingly colored flocked goodness.


I feel like I've hit a new low when I can't throw away the Peeps box. It's jadeite colored with polka dots for cripes sake! And it has an adorable drawing of a Peep on it! Are you convinced that it's cool yet? All the cool kids are saving theirs. I also love imagining the people who thought up an Easter craft centering around ping-pong balls and disturbingly colored ladies hosiery.


The very famous cake plate. I bought that little bunny on the right from a local crafter. She also does ninjas and cupcakes and all manner of adorable handmade whatsits.


On the lower right you will see Duster D. Duckling. He's an Avon product. I know you get sick of hearing it but, is there anything better than vintage Avon or Hallmark? I mean, really?


Those cards at the top are flocked. Fuzzy Easter birthday cards. I was clearly born in the wrong era. This year I stuck some vintage paper flowers in the candy holders. I love those tiny paper flowers. I have quite a few bundles of them. Hoard? No, silly! Save.


Bits and baubles.


It's hard to imagine that it ever felt like spring around here before this year. Before the giant pink yarn chick.


Some day I'm going to find out what these little flower cups are all about.


It's a lot to process all at once.


Easter Peep lights, I love you.


More than last year. Much more.


Easter Mantel.




Zoot is in the mood for an spring fiesta!

As I look over this year's spread I don't feel quite as satisfied as in years past. I need tall sticks in the mantel vases. I need hankies instead of platters on the cabinet and more careful placement on it's shelves. Note to self for next year.

Also, I found this shop on Etsy. Clearly this person has a lot of things that belong to me. And, ok, ok, possession is 9/10ths of the law, but...! All the plastic-y goodness!! It's ridiculous, amazing and just about the most gorgeous sight I've yet seen.

So, in summary:

Really Bright
Move Over Maru, I Need Boxhab Too
Will I Ever Shut Up About Avon?
Flocked, Felt, Yarn, Glittered and Plastic
Note To Self
Gimmee All Your Stuff

4 comments:

  1. The box... yikes. Dude... you've crossed over to the bad place. I don't think I can come to your house until after Easter. Because all the pastel is going to give me nightmares. But I hsve to hand it to you... you don't do things part way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I meant that in a good way, BTW)

    ReplyDelete