Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Things I've Seen In March

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but it's hot in NY in March. As in, 70+ degrees for weeks on end, now. This is unprecedented. At least in my memory/lifetime. It's like we're in fast forward. Spring? What spring? Winter segues into summer here, baby. It's the exact opposite of last year. I mean, last year in March we were just making it out of the deep freeze of below zero.

This weather is bringing out the crazies, let me tell you. I saw a car with a bra on it the other day. Are we not done with those? Dear bra-ed car owner, 1980 called and it wants it's terrible idea back. What are we even trying to say with that? Your car's tig old bitties are so big that they need to be contained? Your car has polateeters and you don't want anyone else to see them? I mean, I've seen truck nuts and for the record: I get it. I get what people are saying with those things and I think it's pretty funny. But not in the "laughing with you" kind of way.

I also saw a man walking down the street in jeans and no shirt today. Dude. It's not that hot. It's 72 degrees, here. Let's keep it together, Rochester.

I've also seen a bunch of great stuff, namely: vegetation. Like I said, on fast forward! These things usually don't even start coming to life until April and then it's weeks between seeing the first green sprout to getting flowers on trees. It's happened this year in about a week and a half. Scary. Check it:


Hostas from this week.


Hostas from last year, mid April.


Lilac tree from this week.
(Please overlook the fact that this is a craptastic picture.)


Lilac from last April.


Look at these gorgeous little party people! I stared at them for a long while. Their color was so deep and mesmerizing!

At this rate the lilacs will all be come and gone before the Lilac Festival goers have a chance to enjoy them!

One more quick thing. On Saint Patty's day we went out for sushi. Obviously. Trying to stick with the main Irish traditions and all. Imagine my surprise and delight when this was delivered to me!


Green rice! I'm pretty sure I squealed with delight. I mean, come on! I love this kind of commitment and creativity. It's making me totally hungry looking at this. Mmm...suuuuushi.

So, in summary:
Mother Nature Is Pissed
Vehicles Oughtn't Have Naughty Bits
This Junk Be Growin' Like One Of Them Speeded Up Videos In Science Class
A Little Green Food Coloring Makes My Day

No comments:

Post a Comment